Character List

Adelaide Woodhouse/Ada Carne - The youngest Woodhouse sibling and settling into her new life in London. Currently studying English and Comparative Literature at the University of London. She travels to France with her family where she inadvertently gets involved with an anarchist group out to get members of the Bourgeoise. 

Dr Theodore Woodhouse - A famous and established private investigator and detective, working independently and for Scotland Yard. He travels to France with his family for a reunion with Old Etonian friends but he ends up in a serious predicament that puts his reputation on the line.

Florence Moore - the childhood friend and companion of Adelaide and Theodore's trusted secretary and best friend. Florence travels with Theodore and Adelaide to France for some relaxation but finds herself chasing after two unruly Woodhouses - as per usual.

Emerson Woodhouse, Viscount Porthleven - The older brother of Theodore and Adelaide, a former Royal Navy medic and a surgeon/physician. He joins his family in France for a holiday but heads to Monte-Carlo with his wife, Charlotte for a wedding. 

Charlotte Woodhouse, Viscountess Porthleven - Emerson's wife who travels to Monte-Carlo with him for a wedding. 

Louis Hatton, Earl of Nottingham - A young aristocrat who is rebuilding his life after almost losing it eight months ago. He is studying classical archaeology at the Sorbonne in Paris and working as a researcher at the Louvre Museum. With hopes to return to England for the new social season in a few months, he is hopeful of reuniting with Adelaide Woodhouse - the Cornish firecracker who saved his life. 

Juliette Delacroix - A lively French lady, descending from the aristocracy and Louis's maternal cousin. Her father owns 'Delacroix' department store and her mother is the chatelaine for a chateau and winery in the Loire Valley. She is very fashionable and fun. While her mother's family were monarchists, her father's family were staunch Republicans. 

Colin Boyle, Viscount Dungarvon - An Irishman and Louis's friend. Colin's father is a financial backer at the Louvre Museum and works there with Louis. He has a playful, flirtatious banter with Juliette.

Capitaine Claude Benoit - The captain of the police in Paris. He meets and clashes with Adelaide Woodhouse when the Les Gens group start attacking members of the Bourgeoise.

Joan Benoit - Claude's wife and a nurse. 

Anne Benoit - Claude and Joan's only daughter. Anne harbours a secret and like her father, clashes with Adelaide, but for different reasons. 

Bastien Lavigne - A dashing Frenchman who charms Adelaide Woodhouse in Paris, but possesses a dangerous secret. 

Lieutenant Gerard Dupont - Claude Benoit's right-hand man. He is the son of Benoit's old officer friend and is well-talented in the police field.

Laurent Rousseau - A Frenchman who causes trouble for the Woodhouses.

Helene Blanche - Laurent's lover who also causes trouble for the Woodhouses in France. 

Charles Cholmondeley, Viscount Malpas - One of Theodore's Old Etonian friends. Loud, obnoxious and a philanderer, as an army officer and aide-de-camp, he is stationed in Malta. He is hoping to find a wife as his father wants him to settle down for his inheritance.

Lord Rupert Paulet - A critically acclaimed artist and another of Theodore's Old Etonian friends, who has painted portraits for royalty and other nobility. He is married to an Italian woman who used to be his muse - Lucrezia Bianchi and the two live a relatively bohemian life in the Oxfordshire countryside.

Ambrose Lisle-Twickenham - A lawyer and Theodore's best friend from before their time at Eton. He is not titled but his family are incredibly wealthy. He is engaged to Emily Dickens, a working-class nurse who is a trained pathologist and toxicologist. 

Marguerite Thibaut - A French woman whose father is a financial backer at the Louvre Museum. She is enamoured by Louis.

 *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi everyone!

So, here we have a character list, but t are characters are the ones who play a big role. 

I've left out significant information for some of the characters to not give too much away but it will be action-packed and full of adventure 

Some background information I will also add:

- The year is 1886 and the month is March-April. 

- France is currently in its Third Republic and the President is Jules Grevy. 

- While I do have the Eiffel Tower on the book cover, construction for it did not begin until 1887. 

Up next is a glossary page and then CHAPTER 1!

I hope you will enjoy Adelaide's latest adventure!

xxx