Ada & The Queen (The Woodhouse Series #3)

Adelaide 'Ada' Woodhouse is in love

Her studies at the University of London have come to an end and she begins to work at the British Museum, honing her research and literary skills, while still refusing to venture into the detective career. 

In love more than ever with her 'useless' Earl of Nottingham Louis Hatton, the Woodhouses face the prospect of Adelaide becoming affianced before the social season comes to an end. 

Her brothers, Dr Theodore and Emerson Woodhouse do what they can to scare Louis off, but find matters of the heart are complicated indeed when old faces shake up their relationships. 

But, soon arrives a request from Windsor Castle - for Adelaide?

People – from footmen and maids – are dropping dead mysteriously at the royal court. Queen Victoria is depressed, in mourning and afraid as court politics and intrigue have everyone a suspect. 

Isolated and alone with very few friends and trustees, the Queen needs Adelaide - but she is adamant she is not a detective. Yet curiosity gets the better of her, and a simple piece of advice turns into a full-blown unofficial investigation that puts Adelaide behind bars on crimes of attempted regicide while a scandalous society paper starts making the rounds sending Theodore and Emerson on the warpath as the Woodhouse reputation once again, finds itself in jeopardy. 

During the peak of another social season, lives are changing everywhere - some for the better and others for the worse. As she fights her innocence (again), Adelaide finds that what the heart wants, the heart will do everything in its power to get, even if it means taking others down too. 

***

Hi everyone!

So, what do we think????????????

This book takes place during the summer of 1886 about two months after the end of book 2 which ended at the end of March. 

Precise dates are late May to August and we'll be exploring many of the famous social events that take place in London during the summer months. 

Here are the hints from before on what to expect!

- Court Intrigue!

- Queen Victoria!

- The Social Season!

- Colin returns!

- A possible romance?

- Duels!

- Meddling mothers

- Some heartache

- An old face

I can't add the final clue because it will give it away but it is a spectacular story - trust me. 

Other than that, I am done. 

A reminder - I will be editing books 1 and 2 before starting book 3 so please be patient. Things may change in the first two books but hopefully not too much. 

Thank you for being here and thank you for sticking around on Adelaide's adventures. 

I'll see you all real soon in Book 3!

xxx