chap.15

Anande

Why the hell does she want me to marry that entitled, spoiled, belittling princess Makhosazana! Andimfuni mna lamtwana rhaa. I made a turn to head to East rand mall to get some breakfast. Getting mad makes me hungry! I drove to McDonald's.

I decided to order in because it seemed faster. I sanitized my hands and placed my order. I know the crew would want to eat too so I ordered enough for us all. After waiting for 30 minutes, I  collected my order and headed out.

I drove to school listening to the radio, winter was approaching quickly and it hadn't even been February yet. Or maybe amakhaza nje. Traffic was okay considering it was close to 07:00 am. I parked my car and finished my coffee. I got out, promising myself to get my gym bag later.

I held everyone's food in my hands and I locked my car. I walked to our chill spot taking deep breaths, I wasn't angry anymore just annoyed. I can't wait for uMa no Baba to get back, I've had enough with the queen and king.

"Hey man!" Jason and Alex had arrived

"Sup nigga" I put the food on the table and greeted them with our normal hand shake. I hugged Alex because he always says our handshakes are too rough.

I sat down "What's in the McD's ?" Jason asked

"Knock yourselves out."

As soon as I said that, they attacked the bag. I had unleashed the beasts. Once they had their fill and me putting everyone else's food by my side because Alex was apparently 'not full'

"Hey y'all"  the triplets said. I knew it was then because only they are in sync so much so, you'd swear they are one person

"Hi guys" I said turning to hug them.

"Oooooo. Food" Masego or Resego said

"How are you guys?" Lesego said

"We are good, how are you?" I answer

"I'm good too. Thanks for the food."

"My pleasure." She takes her share

"Its like you knew we didn't have breakfast" One of the hungry triplets said biting into her breakfast burger

We laugh and continue with the conversation. After a while, the bell rings. Its the warning bell. I check my phone and it is 07:45. "Hey guys, I just realised that I left some stuff in my car. Help me fetch it?" That is Jason and we agree and head to his car. I walk in front and the closer we get to the parking lot, I see Yandise-okuhle.

Just as I slightly turn to her direction, I see her turn into the car she's standing by, she bends inside and and stays like that for a while. I turn back towards the group and see them heading towards her direction. I choose not to ask but follow the squad.

We pass by directly in front of her and I don't bother to look inside the car. A few cars down the line and we stop behind Jason's car. Okay get the stuff then. I don't want to be late to class."

"Fine. What caught your jock strap"

"Mxm" I turn and make my way towards the school, where I see Buhlebendalo talking to Yandise-okuhle.

"Okay, here, I got your brownies"

"Thank you" I take the small lunch tin. Once everyone is done and set, we head back into the school.

I get to class and I'm five minutes late, I apologize and ask to take a seat. Class continues on and eventually ends.

After the first class which happened to be English, I head to Geography, my next class and third period happens to be IsiZulu then its break for the juniors (G11) and seniors (G12).

Once I'm in Geo class, a I head to the far back and sit down. We all sit together here, Nelson, Jason, Alex and I. In no time Alex comes in followed by Nelson. They too, come to the back and settle in with Nelson on my left and Alex on my right. The class quickly fills up and Jason is the last to come in. As he reaches us, I notice a red mark on his neck.

"You can't tell me you were banging some chick during first period"

"I can't, and I won't"

Alex gasps. "Jase are you serious? Who were you fucking"

"One of the grade 12 chicks. She's been coming onto me for about a week now and I decided to fuck her and get her off my fucking case."

"Right! Morning learners"

"Morning sir"

Class began...

le time skip to break

Finally, its lunch time. I've had enough, I need food. I decide to take the short route and as I'm walking down the hallway, I recognize that Yandise-okuhle's locker is this side. I may have hacked into the school's information and found that out. I decide to just wait for her and maybe, hopefully ask her to spend the break with me and maybe also possibly give her a ride this afternoon.

I stand by her locker and my phone vibrates. I take it out and its a message from Jason

*where are you dude? The good food's getting finished*

I'm on my way. Had to make a quick stop

*cool. I'll tell Alex to get you save you a tray*

Thanks. Be there in a bit

"You're standing in front of my locker" a voice says. I turn and look down to see its Yandi. "Hi" I say placing my phone in my pocket.

"Hello" she waves at me. I am mesmerized by her beauty. A waving hand near my face makes me snap out of my thoughts. "Uhm yeah, uh I wanted to ask if you'd wanna ride me this afternoon" shit!

"Huh!"

" I mean ride my car- get a ride with me...and my car" why am I stuttering

"Sure I'd love to" thank God. "So you can move from my locker now" I realise that I'd been standing in her way.

"Oh. Right right" I move away and she packs her books. Once she shuts her locker door I say "Shall we?" Gesturing towards the cafeteria

"We shall." We walk side by side, making small talk.

There's something about her that's unique and pure. Its an attraction that I have no intention of avoiding. I feel it drawing me in.

Once we get to the cafeteria, we stop behind the doors that lead to loud chatter and hundreds of eyes that feel like a million. We push the doors open and just like that, it gets quiet. Everyone turns to stare.

I'm used to the eyes already but something in me worries that Yandise-okuhle isn't and that might be a problem. I'm tempted to turn and pull her with me towards the benches outside but I don't know if she'll be fine with that.

After what feels like a decade, she starts walking forward and I walk off to my friends. I see them staring at me and the moment I sit down, I'm interrogated.

"Guys please, ndilambile ndicela ukutya. Imibuzo yenu ndizay' phendula xa ndihluthi (I'm hungry can I please eat. I'll answer your questions when I'm full)" I grab my tray and dig in, avoiding their stares.