solutions

"Aryia, can we talk?" I asked, shutting the door behind me as I walked into the house.

He popped his head around the corner of the kitchen, "Sure, what's up?"

"Can you, uh, sit down for a second please?" I pointed to one of the many random chairs we had in our house.  

Aryia stopped in his tracks, setting down his hydroflask on the floor even though there was a table beside him, "What's going on?

"I'm going to tell you if you sit down." I sighed impatiently, crossing my arms.

"Alright, jeez," Aryia huffed as he scooted a chair towards himself to sit down on, "Okay what is it?"

"I fell in love," I began, unsure of exactly how I should word what I needed to say.

"Yeah, I love you too. What's this about?" He smiled though I could tell he was nervous.

"No," I wiped my moist hands on my pants ,"I mean I fell in love with someone else,"

"Is this a prank?" Aryia looked around, as if he was trying to look for the camera I didn't hide, because I wasn't messing around.

"Aryia, I wish it was," I sighed, bringing myself to sit beside him.  I didn't reach out to him, to ask for forgiveness.  I did something bad and I was going to be honest.  Taylor and Colby are a clear example of what happens when you aren't.

He stared down at his hands, twisting the rings as he processed what I had to say.  His hair, which I've been telling him for weeks needed to be cut, fell down onto his forehead.  "With who?" Aryia asked hesitantly.

I swallowed, feeling the nerves rise up in my stomach as I responded, "Taylor,"

"Like Colby's girlfriend, Taylor?" He glanced at me, almost hopeful but confusing to me and I didn't understand why.

"Uh," I stared at the floor before correcting him, "Ex girlfriend,"

The room became so quiet you could hear a pin drop.  I didn't want to look at him again, but once I did, Aryia began to speak.

"Are you serious?" What was sad was that he didn't look angry, but disappointed even though his words were harsh, "I let you in, I let you in and I never let people in. you knew this. And now you're gone even though you're standing right here.  I needed you but you've broken me. She's texting you, calling you," He motioned down to my phone as it coincidentally began to ring.

"What?" I glanced at him after silencing my phone.

Aryia went back to thinking, his eyes darker than normal and a frown ever prominent on his lips.

"Is she the first girl you've been with? Is this the first one you turned to when I couldn't give you what you wanted?" He asked, sounding more curious.  I swear this man's tone changes mile per minute, and it scared the hell out of me.

"I want you," I nodded quietly, and both of us sensed the hesitation in my tone.

"It's easier with her, isn't it?" He asked, and in the heat of the situation I found myself laughing.

"God this is stupid," I shook my head with a sarcastic grin, "I should have just broke up with you over text or something,"

Aryia ignored my joke, and raised his voice to show me he wasn't messing around with me anymore, "She doesn't make you feel sick when you look at her.  You don't feel ashamed? Because she didn't fall apart! She didn't ever break down, she could cope with what she saw!"