What a view

The morning rolled by and I was followed around by whispers from the student body. I wasn't really paying attention but I caught my name being thrown around and Bella's, which for some reason didn't sit right with me. Perhaps I felt closer to the girl than I thought. I smiled a little at the appearance of the sun, the warmth causing my skin to glitter ever so slightly, but it added to my luke-warm body heat.  I never seemed to suffer nearly as much as my siblings did in the sun. Perhaps what surprised me the most was Fathers well wishes for today; everyone else had gone out to 'Hike'. I drove to Bella's place, arriving well before the allocated time, and sat in my car around the corner before, at 9:45, rolled up outside her house. Getting out the car, I could hear Charlie and Bella talking inside. As I approached the door; I realized how bizarre this whole situation was. Here I was, perhaps one of the more dangerous creatures in existence, walking up to a girls front door and feeling anxious with how I would be received. I had a bit of a chuckle at how pathetic it was as I knocked on the door. A breath later it opened, and my breathing caught a bit as Charlie, Chief? Stood in the doorway, a smile twitching under his moustache. Hiding behind him was Bella, dressed in simple clothes, but she looked amazing. Her cheeks flushed a little and a nervous smile made its way onto her face. "So this was who was picking you up? I see why you didn't tell me haha!" 

"H-Hi Y/n." 

"Good morning Ms. Swan, Chief." I gave my senior a curt nod and stuck out my hand. Laughing he took it and pulled me into a warm, short, friendly embrace. "Just call my Charlie. How's Carlisle and Esme? And your siblings?" 

Without having to think, I smiled and answered his questions, explaining that they had gone away on a hike leaving me and Carlisle at home. "Ah so that's why you were asking?" 

He turned to Bella who looked like a deer caught in the headlights, laughing it off as she exited the door; hurrying me along. I looked over to Charlie with a frown, which only deepened as he laughed. "Take care you two! Mostly you Bella!" He called as Bella, it seemed despite the impossibility, increased her speed. 

"We will!" I called back as Bella jumped in the car, a second later following suit and taking a moment to collect myself, shooting her side eyes until she grumbled and pouted. "He was teasing me about you saving me and he kept asking what I thought of you and just ulg, I needed to get away before he started talking about me." 

Her cheeks were flushed and I found myself biting my lip hard to suppress my chuckle as I started the car. A moment of silence passed as we drove a bit in silence before I gave in to my temptation. 

"So...What do you think of me?" 

"Y/n I swear I will ignore you." Raising my hand in surrender I jested what a terrible threat it was, which seemed to make her smile, so I rolled with it. The rest of the drive passes in a content and comfortable silence; the windows open letting the fresh air and sunlight pour in. The Newtons' Olympic Outfitters store was just north of town. I'd seen the store, but I'd never stopped there — not having much need for any supplies required for being outdoors over an extended period of time . In the parking lot I recognized Mike's Suburban and Tyler's Sentra. As I pulled up next to their vehicles, I could see the group standing around in front of the Suburban. Eric was there, along with two other boys I had class with; I was fairly sure their names were Ben and Conner. Jess was there, flanked by Angela and Lauren I believe. Three other girls stood with them, including one I remembered Bella falling over in Gym on Friday. That one gave her a dirty look as I got out of the car, and whispered something to Lauren.

Lauren shook out her cornsilk hair and eyed Bella scornfully. For the sake of peace, I would try not pick fights today. Try being the key word there. 

At least Eric from chess was happy to see me. "Sup bro," I commented, garnering a smile from my fellow chessman as we fistpumped. I turned to look at everyone who had fallen dead silent, there faces baffled. "What? Am I not allowed to have friends? I'm human too guys;" I joked, lying through my teeth as some of them laughed.