Chapter 2 - Mizuki Isekai

MC and Sayori enter the cafeteria, where they are greeted by a wide and clean room full of XX Private High students just talking as they eat their food. Isekai and the coral-brown-haired girl pass by them.

"Well, let's go pick out some stuff, hm?" MC suggests, bumping his childhood friend's arm. She nods, and both of them go to get some food. Sayori's eyes gleam at the wide selection, while MC seems immensely shocked. "I-It said that the food here is free when we looked at the enrollment form, right?" he asks, tracing his memories back.

A chef there replied to him. "Yes, it is, sir! We cook up a lot of food so that people have the energy for their classes! We know how hard it is for some people back home, so we offer free lunch meals! It's one of the reasons why this school is the most well-respected in Tokyo," he answers, folding his arms with a shining face.

Sayori takes a tray and picks up a lot of food along the way. "...Sayori, don't you think that's a bit dangerous? I mean, eating that much?" MC asks, concerned. "Eh? Nah, not really. I've eaten larger. And besides, this is free food!" she replies, shrugging it off. The boy just picks up his food and picks a seat, leaving room open for Sayori. They both sit down and start eating their food.

A student points at Sayori and asks MC if it's safe for her to be eating this much. "She's eaten bigger, don't worry about it," he replies, fanning his hand as he undid the cloth on his bento box. They look to their left, where they see Isekai all alone just eating the cafeteria servings. "...should we join him?" MC asks. Sayori nods.

At Isekai's table...

"Hey, uh, you okay?" MC asks. Isekai looks at them with a smile. "Oh! Er, I'm fine. Sorry, I'm just not used to people around here, I've lived here for less than a month," he replies. "Anyway, you know my name, right? Sorry if the rumors about me are getting to you a little. I'm not a violent person or anything," he says to them, trying to shoo away any misconceptions.

Mizuki Isekai (Omnipotent? Or normal? The rumors running around XX Private High can't confirm anything. He is a young man of above-average height with hair split into two clean halves. He seems to be physically well-built, yet relatively thin at the same time. He wears an eyepatch on his left eye. He seems to be relatively cool-headed and nice, not seeming to mind the rumors about him being spread.)

"Anyway, er, I was thinking that we should talk to you a little. You seem to not have any friends here yet," he said, expressing his reasons for coming. "You want me as a friend? Eh, why not?" he replies, immediately accepting his request. Sayori smiles with glee, clearly happy at the thought of having a new friend.

He pulled out a phone of an unfamiliar brand, since it read "MizuTech" and had a multicolored word that said UL. "Wait, what kind of phone is that?" Sayori asks, curious about its build. "Oh, it's... a phone I made for myself. I constructed it using some phone parts I bought," he replied, waving the phone.

"Oh, er, you're not planning to sell that, are you?" the girl asks. Isekai shakes his head. "Not at all. That aside, is Hiatari-chan really planning to finish that?" he asks, concerned. "Eh? Oh, um... I've eaten bigger, you don't have to worry, Mizuki-san," she replies, giggling as she slips another takoyaki ball into her mouth. She takes delight in the flavor.

"Anyway, er, how old are you?" MC asks him. "About... fifteen? Yeah, fifteen," he replies, taking a sip of his cola can. "...also, were you born with that hair color? Your hair is so equally split that it looks like you dyed it. Not complaining, pale yellow and magenta are an oddly sick combination to have," he questions, complimenting his hair.

"Don't worry about it, and yes, I was born with it. I heard that a weird mark appeared on my arm, and they gave me my name because of that. My parents live in another prefecture, but they got me a house and are just supporting me financially," he explains, scratching his head as he rolls up his right sleeve. As he pulls it back down, he asks for a little about them, starting with Sayori.

"Well... I entered the prefectural tournament as a middle schooler," she says, a drop of sweat going down her face. "Ooh, that's nice. Do you have a dream about fighting? You seem to be pretty dedicated in your training if you managed to enter a tournament at the prefectural level as a middle schooler," Isekai asks, interested. Sayori nods. "I want to reach the top of the world. I want to protect everyone, so I need to become the strongest."

"That's nice. A dream to defend others is something you should strive toward, if martial arts is the way you choose," he says, giving a subtle smile as he folds his arms.

To be continued...