Chapter 8 - Stealth

Masahiro had been sneakily prowling around the school, searching for the Janitor's Closet. There were still a lot of teachers around, so he had to be careful. He spotted their English teacher. "Shit!" he muttered, hiding behind a potted plant. "Hm?" he questions, looking at the pot. "Must've been just me," he mumbles, shrugging it off. He leaves, and Masahiro goes off.

He climbs down the stairs, and he peers at the cafeteria to check for any hungry teachers. He finds none, but when he looks the other way, he finds the librarian headed towards him. "Damn it! There's nowhere to hide!" he thought, trying to find a way. He notices a cart, and he ducks behind it. The librarian walked by him, not knowing he was there.

He begins to sprint, spotting the Janitor's Closet. But, he notices the Principal's Office door open, and he hides behind another potted plant. He listens to the janitor and principal talk. "Was it a success?" the janitor asks him. "No, they failed. They never came back with the objective after having headed towards the place," the principal replies, crossing his arms. "We need the boss to design another plan. We'll talk later, if we keep yapping, someone could be listening in," the principal continues, closing the office door.

Masahiro felt confused about what he heard, but he shook that off as he heard the janitor's footsteps recede. He pokes his head out, and no one's there. He got up and started quietly sneaking towards the closet. "And now, to use my immensely sharpened hearing..." he mutters, listening. He hears no one breathing, and he opens the door to the closet. He grabs a bottle of bleach, and a rag, and quietly closes the door, but it creaks loudly as he twists the knob.

"What was that?" the principal questions. A chill was sent running up Masahiro's spine. "SHIT, RUN, RUN, RUN!" he thought, closing the door completely, followed by supremely nimble sprinting. "HEY! WHO'S THERE?!" he asks, opening the door to check. He looked left, but he saw no one. "Show yourself!" he demands, pulling a taser out of his pocket. Masahiro was behind a trophy case, trying to look for an escape route in which he could leave unseen. But he had another problem in his mind, that being the noise of electricity crackling from the taser.

"Shit, is that a taser? I- huh?" he asks himself, looking left and noticing a vent shaft. "You have ten seconds to show yourself before I start searching!" the principal yells out, indirectly threatening Masahiro, who was trying to open up the vent shaft by sliding it open. It was a bit difficult since the metal rusted out a little. "One! Two!" he counts, prompting Masahiro to try even harder.

"Three! Four!" he continues. Suddenly, the student successfully opens the vent. "Five! Six!" he goes on. At that point, Masahiro spares no moment as he crawls into the vent network, bleach and rag in hand. He grabs the lid and tries to put it back on. "Seven! Eight!" he says, almost done. When it reached eight, Masahiro had already snapped the lid back into place. "Nine!" the principal counts, forcing the student into a state of panic as he starts to crawl through. He quickly reached the ladder and started climbing up onto the third floor, where the Literature Club's room was.

"TEN!" he finishes, stepping forward as he begins to search. However, after a while of searching, he finds nothing. "Damn it, started yelling out numbers for nothing..." he mutters, walking back into the office. Masahiro, who was in the vents, sighed in relief. "Haah... that was close..." he mumbles, crawling through.

When he stops above a hallway, he listens for footsteps or breathing. He hears nothing, and he crawls down the ladder, opening a vent shaft on the third floor. He crawls out of it, dust all over his clothing. "That was tricky..." he comments, cleaning the dust off of his clothes. Masahiro starts walking towards the clubroom, and Isekai spots him.

"I got the bleach," he tells him, tossing the container and rag. Isekai catches them and starts cleaning up the blood as Masahiro enters the clubroom. "How's the body?" he asks them. Natsuki coughs a little, answering his question. "We lost a part of his brain, and his eye's gone as well. Shuuchaku-chan's searching for the missing parts, and so far, she's only turned up with a piece of the brain and, miraculously, a fragment of the person's skull.

"What about the other two?" Mitsuki asks them. "Mizuki-san's going to be taking one of them for interrogation, and we'll pickpocket the belongings of the other, and quickly dispose of his body as well. There's no blood from them, but Mizuki-san put one of them in a coma with his attacks," Monika told them, taking the belongings of the person in a coma.

"I finished cleaning up the blood. How's the dead body?" Isekai asks them, tossing the bleach container back to Masahiro. "We're still missing one of his eyes and a part of his brain," Yuri replies, standing up. "His brain pieces? I think I have it," he tells them, passing what seemed to be it. Mitsuki takes a closer look.

"Yep. That's a brain, alright," she says to him, stuffing the brain pieces into a plastic zip bag. "Why do you know that?" Monika questions, somewhat disgusted. "I'm hoping to be a pathologist or doctor. I'm studying the human body because I wanna be able to perform autopsying one day or another," Mitsuki answers, placing the baggie into the body bag, along with several other parts of the person's head.

"Where's the eye?" Sayori asks them. "No, there is no missing eye," Mitsuki tells them, looking at the person's body. "It's in their stomach, floating around in its acids. It'll disintegrate soon enough, or probably not, I dunno," she explains, pointing down from the person's throat to their stomach. "I don't feel safe. Let's leave before we're spotted with these bodies," Natsuki suggests. Everyone nods, and they carry their bodies.

"Fuck, we don't have a car. We can't hold three bodies!" Masahiro realizes, putting both of his hands on his head. "I know how to drive, but I forgot to bring my motorcycle, not that we could carry them," Isekai tells them, looking around. Monika notices something and pipes up. "I think we can steal a car," she suggests, pointing at the principal's car. Everyone wasn't fully on board with the idea, but they knew they had no other option.

"We don't have his keys, though. We can't start the ignition without it," Sayori says to her, panicking. "Yeah, we can," Isekai tells them, searching Yuri's skirt pockets, which surprises her. He pulls out a pocket knife. "Shuuchaku-san, mind if I use this?" he requests. Yuri nods, and everyone sprints towards the car. He pulls out a blade, jams it into the key slot, twists it violently, and manages to open the door. He unlocks every door in the car and gets in the driver's seat.

Everyone enters the car, with Natsuki and Sayori doubling up with Mitsuki and Monika. Yuri was in the backseat's middle, and Masahiro sat in the passenger's seat. "Did we stuff the bodies into the back?" Isekai asks them, trying to confirm their safety. Masahiro and Natsuki say yes, and Isekai jams Yuri's pocket knife into the key's ignition slot, proceeding to violently twist and turn once again. After four seconds of struggling, the ignition starts up.

He hits the gas, and they drive off to God knows where.

To be continued...