Chapter 13.5 - Choice Box and Poetry

The rest of the school day following the cooking class to decide the competition, Masahiro and Isekai walked home with one another. A silence wraps around them for a minute before time suddenly stops.

"...wait, what? I can't fucking move," Isekai questioned mentally, realizing he couldn't even open his mouth to talk, either. His eyes look at Masahiro, who has two pink rectangles in front of him. "The fuck are those? Doujinshi censors?" he questions further, trying to move. Suddenly, time moves again, and Masahiro says something.

"Why did you turn down that chance to be in the cooking contest?" he asks, crossing his arms. Isekai looked extremely confused, but knew that there was an internal force doing this. He decided to play along for now. "I dunno, I just don't wanna be cooking in front of people," he replies, before muttering more words. "Last thing I'll need is some chef yelling at me, just asking where the fucking lamb sauce is..."

"You know how to do Western cooking?" Masahiro asks him. Isekai nods, and asks him why he wanted to know. "I'm surprised you're so well-informed about cooking. You don't seem like the kind of guy that would be into that shit," Masahiro says, laughing. While walking, Masahiro kept talking about the times whenever he and Sayori would go to a pond. "...now I know. I know what I have to do. I need answers," he thought, walking forward.

Suddenly, the world faded to black, as if a game scene had just ended. "Wait, what the...?" Isekai questioned. "It's pitch black, I can't see shit," he continued before bumping into something. "OW, FUCK!" he yelled, opening his eyes to notice a colossal Masahiro in front of him. When he looked around him, he could see ten words in an area opposite to him, and life-size stickers of Yuri, Natsuki, Mitsuki and Sayori.

"...shit, am I in the poetry game this time as a sticker?" he asks himself, attempting to shake the Yuri sticker. It seems to not move. Masahiro then taps a word with his pen, and the Yuri sticker jumps twice, as if in joy. "WOAH-WOAH!" he yelped, letting go of Yuri. "Okay, so these things are almost completely insentient..." he commented, choosing to let fate run its course for tonight.

Every now and then, Isekai would jump, which annoyed him. Soon enough, the poem minigame ended, and he was set free. "Why am I even in this? I'm not even from this World..." he asked himself. The night ended, and the next day began.

To be continued...