𝐈𝐈𝐈 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥

"MY FAVORITE PLACE in the world would have to be Nice," the girl now standing on the Salvatore Mansion door step starts off with

"On the rock beaches?" Damon asks, playing along, wondering who she is and why she's here.

"Yeah, on the rock beaches," she laughs, "you ever been?"

"Once, I'd like to go back though," Damon pauses, assessing the strange girl on his doorstep, could she be the one Bonnie mentioned? "I don't remember much."

"Enough to recall the beauty of their beaches," a soft smile plays on her lips.

"How often have you been?" He asks, wondering why he's bothering to play along.

"Enough to recall the comfort of their beaches," she says thoughtfully, as though the parallelism is on purpose.

He doesn't know what to say next, so he just studies her, her hair is cut in a choppy fashion suggesting she did it herself. But her clothes suggest she comes from money, except the clothes look brand new. Maybe new enough to still have the tags on them.

He doesn't even notice her staring back at him. "You gonna invite me in?" She eventually asks.

"Right," he clears his throat, but doesn't invite her in just yet, "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Bonnie didn't mention me?"

"No," Damon shakes his head, "she did, sorry, come on in."

The girl smiles, Bonnie never gave him a name but he was sure he could come up with a nickname soon.

♛♛♛

ME:       What was your first impression of Maeve?

DAMON SALVATORE (A MADMAN VAMPIRE):      That she was insane, and I was right.

♛♛♛

The girl reaches down, confusing him, until he sees her pick up a handful of shopping bags before pushing past him to head to the living area.

The outfit and hair with the bags in her hands remind Damon too much of a blonde Mikaelson, even her movements seem too familiar.

"-why has the world advanced so much in the last ten years? It felt like we were stuck in place forever but now suddenly we've leaped ahead. Especially in the technology area, I mean have you seen the phones today?" She finishes rating, turning to him waiting for his response.

"Maybe it's because you lived through the progress but now you just saw the end result."

"Yeah, you're right, so you want to catch me up on what else I missed?" She asks, finally choosing a place to set her things down.