𝐕𝐈 - 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐧?

"SCARLET LIKE BLOOD or gray like air?" Maeve asks herself as she chooses a gem to go on her newest ring

"Scarlet," she decides.

♛♛♛

REBEKAH:       Before we get to how she got revenge, you need to know how we met. The day she made that necklace.

ELIJAH:       She wasn't cut from the same cloth as we were, but if you took all those pieces from the cloth and sewed them together, you would have her.

KOL:       You would have Maeve Mikaelson.

♛♛♛

"Get away from her!" Rebekah Mikaelson sees.

The man stepped away raising his hands, laughing but complying.

Once he's out of sight Rebekah turns to the girl, "are you okay?" She asks.

The girl doesn't directly answer, "thank you," she says instead.

"I'm Rebekah."

"Maeve," the girl smiles softly.

Raising the bottle Rebekah had in her hand, she says with a smirk, "want to join me?"

Maeve rather than answering takes the bottle and drinks from it, Rebekah's smirk softens into a smile and off the two girls go with Maeve leading the vampire to her favorite rock by the ocean side.

"Why'd you do it?" She asks once they've sat.

"Because we girls have to stick together," Rebekah says looking over at her new friend.

Maeve smiles in response, drinking again from the bottle.

They sit there in parts in silence, others filled with stories, but always listening to the waves and watching the sunset, trading the bottle between the two of them.

♛♛♛

ME:       Centuries later, what Maeve would remember most from that moment was not the guy or the drink or even the sunset...

FREYA:      And sunsets tend to be her favorite parts of the day.

ME:       Instead it would be that in that moment for the first time in her life she felt like she had someone on her side.

♛♛♛

"You're never going to build a fire like that," Finn Mikaelson said as he approached Maeve.