𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕 - 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝

"How is it this is the first time we are hearing of a cursed day?" Elijah questions, placing his hands in his pockets

Maeve and Kol exchange a look before Kol nods at her, giving Maeve the cue to explain, "I created a spell to erase the memory. Then I tied the magic to a stone that I tossed into the ocean so I couldn't siphon it."

"Part of the spell was that when the day arrived, when our fate arrived, we would remember," Kol added, "and now here we are."

"Why compel it away in the first place?" Stefan asked, not understanding how such a paranoid family could risk letting evil fall onto their doorstep.

"Because there was nothing anyone could do until today arrived," Klaus explained, understanding, "it is a torment to live with knowledge of what you cannot control."

But Freya shook her head, "who's to say we couldn't have prevented this? Had we known?"

"Because you cannot change fate," Maeve gave her a sad smile, "all we can do is control its effect."

"What's your plan?" Rebekah asks, catching onto the look in Maeve's eye.

"We need to first find the cause of our fate," Maeve explained, "the catalyst for it."

Marcel crossed his arms, nodding to himself, "break off into teams to tackle the different parts of New Orleans?"

"Yes," Maeve answered, "but more than that, we need to secure this house and I need to finish a few spells I've been toying around with."

"And us?" Ace asked, referring to him and the girls, "what should we do? It's not like you'd let us onto the battlefield."

"No, we won't," Cami answered for Maeve, "but they could help us secure the house, couldn't they?"

"Yeah," Hayley agreed, "that's okay with me, but no leaving the house."

"We second that," Caroline points to herself at Stefan.

"Deal," Hope answers, excited to help.

"Yeah, we got it," Josie adds as Lizzie nods along.

"Someone else should stay here as well," Klaus added, "just in case."

"I'll do it," Elijah offers, "Cami and I did catalog the dark objects together so I'm more familiar with them than anyone else besides Kol."

Kol nodded, "and I'll be with Maeve."

"Sounds good with me," Cami smiled at Elijah.

"Klaus and I can take the bayou," Hayley suggested, "it's probably best if there aren't too many vampires there right now."

"Sure," Marcel nods before pulling out his phone, "I asked Josh to round up our men when the darkness first descended so I'll go meet up with him, Enzo you want to come with?"