Chapter 5: A New Mission

Once in the back room, Sam turned to Bucky, not really happy about telling him the main part of the mission.

"So what's up?" Bucky asked.

"We're needed for a Hydra investigation," Sam said.

Bucky's blood ran cold at the mention of the organization that almost made him lose himself, his best friend, and his wife.

"I know that the last mission you wanna go on is anything involving them, but your experience could help stop them," Sam pointed out.

"You mean Y/N's and my experience," Bucky corrected.

"No. I didn't want to get her involved with this and I was sure you didn't either," Sam objected.

"Believe me, I don't. But knowing her, she still wants to help people, which is one thing I love about her. So we made a deal last night that she could keep doing it until she's six months pregnant," Bucky explained.

"You really sure about that?" Sam asked.

"No, but I'm sure she is and that's enough for me," Bucky answered.

At that, Y/N summoned Mjölnir, coming through an open window and her catching it. The men felt the breeze from it, knowing what happened.

"And sounds like she heard us," Bucky replied.

"You'd be right, babe," she said, coming in while lightly tossing the hammer as the men turned to her, then added, "And I'm glad you're letting me come, otherwise I would've snuck out."

"Is it too late to invest into nanny cams in that case?" Bucky asked Sam.

"It wouldn't be a bad idea," Sam answered.

"Ha ha. Very funny," Y/N remarked sarcastically.

"Babe, you're sure you wanna do this? I'm still not comfortable that you joined us to take out Walker and Karli," Bucky told her.

"I'm not helpless. You of all people should know that. And I took out Walker and Karli wasn't taken out by us if you remember," Y/N stated.

The men looked at each other, having a silent conversation, before Bucky turned back to his wife.

"Suit up. We leave in ten," he told her.

"Sir yes sir," she responded then left to get ready.

"You gonna be okay, man?" Sam wondered.

"I trust her, but you may wanna ask me after the mission," Bucky answered.

"Alright. See you both in ten," Sam replied then left.

Bucky sighed then said a little to himself, "You got a stubborn sister, Steve."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N If you really are, he's just figuring this out now? 😏 Let's see how this mission goes.