Chapter 17: Time Goes On

The next months were pretty eventful. Y/N was almost nine months pregnant, her emotions and cravings all over the place, and Bucky and Sam went on more missions to her dismay. She was so close to having the twins that the thought of her having them without Bucky there broke her heart. But she tried to stay positive that he would be there no matter what.

When they came back from another mission, Bucky noticed Ayo close by. He had been kind of avoiding her since they came back to Wakanda and for obvious reasons.  But as they were heading back in the palace, Ayo walked alongside him.

"Awuanko ukundiphepha ngonaphakde," she told him in Xhosa.

(A/N "You can't avoid me forever.")

"Ngubani othe ndingubani?" he responded.

(A/N "Who said I was?")

"I am not a fool, White Wolf. You have been back for three months when you've stayed away for six months," Ayo stated.

"Was that not long enough? I was thinking of my wife, who happens to be pregnant, our unborn children happen to be Hydra's next targets, and this was the only place I could think of that would provide protection for her," Bucky remarked.

"Anything else?" she asked.

"The fact that Sam and I go on missions to make sure Hydra doesn't get to her, so it's not like you see me everyday," he continued.

"Neither does your wife," Ayo said.

Bucky then stopped in his tracks then faced her with a bit of anger, saying, "You know what, Ayo? If this is about what happened with Zemo, we needed his help for one thing and when he fulfilled it, you took him to your prison here. So do not bring my wife into your distrust in me for needing his help."

She didn't look fazed by what he did before she said, "You are nearly forgiven for that. But your wife and children will need you in due time. Do not let the missions blind you from that."

Ayo continued forward as Bucky looked after her then ahead to see Y/N coming their way, rubbing her nine-month belly with a smile.

(A/N Your outfit.)

Bucky then smiled as he went to her, they hugged and kissed, then they headed inside

"You doing okay?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Bucky wondered.

"I saw you looked mad at Ayo," she pointed out.

He sighed and told her, "She still doesn't fully trust me after we dragged Zemo in the Flag Smasher mess."

"Even when you felt like you didn't have any other choice?" Y/N asked.

"Pretty much," Bucky nodded.

"Don't worry about it. It's been over six months since then and some people take longer to understand. She'll come around eventually, White Wolf," she assured with a slight smirk at the end.

He chuckled and responded, "I believe you, F/C Raven."

Then they hung out the rest of the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Whoa. That happened.