09. The boy with the bread

Ok first off I know the title is what Katniss says in the book but I absolutely LOVE the hunger games so that's why I chose that for the title. Would you volunteer as tribute? ;) Second, first commenter gets a dedication ;)

________________________

Haley's POV

We were only 25 minutes away from our new home and I couldn't wait to get into my bed. I was exhausted from packing and cleaning all day then having to drive. Changing the radio station, So Sick by Neyo starts to play and I hum along with it. Denice was staring out the window quietly taking in the new scenery.

It was hard leaving home, but moving was something we had to do. Checking the time, it read 5pm. How I couldn't wait to just sleep.

"Haley I'm hungry." Said Denice turning to face me.

"I am a bit too. Do you want to stop somewhere or wait until we get home then go shopping for food?" My stomach grumbled and we laughed.

"There's a small diner over there we can stop by then tomorrow we can go grocery shopping." Nodding I went in the direction of the nearest diner.

It wasn't too long before we stopped by a small place and got seated inside. The place was small but had a nice home feel to it. A waitress came by and served us glasses of water. I ended up ordering Toad in a hole while Denice ordered Cottage pie.

When the food arrived we ate in silence. Seems we must of been really hungry because we ate everything on our plates and it was quite a lot.

"Should we get going then?" Asked Denice.

"Yeah I'll go pay." After I paid we went back into the car and drove to the flat. I unlocked the door and was surprised at how nice the inside looked. Our furniture was in a neat pile in the middle of what seemed like the living room.

Walking around we found that each of our beds were placed in a separate room. Not wanting to wait any longer to go to bed, I pulled out a blanket and climbed into bed. I easily went to bed with the mattress and covers still smelling like home.

-next morning-

Denice's POV

Waking up in the morning, it takes me a while to remember where I was. Letting out a sigh I close my eyes and think about home for a little. How long we had to stay here I had no idea. Getting up, I got over to my bag and pull out a hoddie. Slipping it on I give myself a mental reminder to put away my clothes later.

Coming into the kitchen I open the fridge only to remember that we don't have any food yet. My stomach grumbled and I gave a small pout. Going back into my room, I went to go change into something to go out. Since I was too lazy to wear something nice, I just threw on some grey sweats and a dark blue Jack Wills hoddie over my black tank top.

Before walking out I slipped on my grey converse and wrote a quick note to Haley teling her where I was going. She normally slept until noon and considering the trip we had last night might means she wont be up until a lot later. Placing my phone in my pocket, I pull the hod over my head and head out of the flat.

The neighborhood looked different now that daylight was streaming by everywhere. A woman passed by pussing her baby in a stroller. I kept on walking trying to memorize the new place. Eventually I stopped in front of a small bakery wedged in between two larger shops. The smell of freshly backed bread brought me inside.

My stomach rumbled and I tried to cover it up by couching. Bitting my lower lip, I gaze trough the different kinds of bread there was.

"Hi can I help you with something?" Asked a voice making me jump. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you."

"That's ok." I gave the curly haired boy with green eyes a small smile.

"see anything you like?" He asked giving me a wink. I don't think he was making referance to the bread....

"Um I was looking for something my sister and I could have for breakfast..." I said slightly blushing at his attempt to flirt with me.

"You new around here?" He asked.

"Yeah. That obvious? We arrived last night."

"Well it's a small place and I would have probably seen you already if you lived here." He explained.

"I guess that makes sence."

"Here you should take these." He said motioning to what seemed like croissants. "And in case you were wondering they are croissants. I baked them this morning. They're filled with chocolate and then have honey and almonds on top."

"They sound really good." I smiled up at him.

"Oh and by the way my name's Harry."

"I'm Denice."

"Well its nice to meet you Denice." He stretched out his hand and I shook it.

"Same here Harry." I gave him a wink.

"So what would it be?" He gave me a smile.

"I'll take half a dozen of those croissants then." He nodded and went to get a bag. While Harry was ringing up the bread, he started whistling the tune to a song. A golden glow started to emit off him. I had forgotten about all this 'aura's stuff!!

Clutching my head I hoped for the small pain that had grown to go away. Luckily it didn't last as long as the first time it happened.

"Here you go." He said turning back to me. I handed him the money and I took the bag.

"Thanks." I said

" Yeah no problem. Hey um Denice could I give you my number in case you and your sister would like someone to show you around town?" Asked Harry a bit timidly.

"Yes that would be great!" I pulled out my phone and handed it to him as he did the same to me. Quickly I punched on my number.

"So just send me a message and I'll show you around." He said

"Cool. Thanks again Harry. I better get going before my sister starts worrying."

"Ok bye! Nice meeting you." A cheeky smile spread across his face as I waves goodbye and excited the small bakery.

Seems like finding the next person wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

_____________________

So looks like Denice has meet Harry ;) Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter :D I'll put Denice's outfit link down in the comments in case you wanted to see what she was wearing :D um... I really dont have much else to say :P

CHALLENGE TIME!!!! I really want to get more people to find out about this story so if you guys could maybe spread it around or something (Twitter, to friends, fans?) I'd really appreciate that. 8 votes 7 comments :D

-Manda