19. The Auditions. 3 of 5

__________________________

Denise's POV

"Denise."

"Deniiiissseeeee!!!"

I kept hearing someone call out my name. Not wanting to hear their voice anymore, I slowly began to open my heavy eye lids.

"What....?" I asked still half asleep.

"We're here." spoke Haley.

"Where's here?" I asked confused. Haley let out a sigh.

"I stayed up all night driving so that we would make it in time for the auditions in Dublin, remember?!" she explained exasperated.

"Oh yeah. What time is it?"

"Quarter 'till 6." she answered back "The auditions will be starting soon so we better get going."

It was then that I actually looked out of the car window and saw that we were in a crowded parking lot. The building where the auditions were being held was not too far.

"Ok let's get going..." I mumbled.

The two of us got out of the car and headed toward the doors. In my still half asleep state I finally realized that this time we didn't have passes to come watch these auditions.

"How are we going to get in now?" I asked Haley.

"We'll figure out a way," she spoke. "We always do."

Outside of the building was a huge line of people waiting to go inside for the auditions. We weaved our way though the massive crowd of people without being noticed. We ended up at one of the farther entrances where crew members and audience members walked in.

"Do you have the authority to go through here?" the buff man asked us.

"Yes we do we have passes here." Haley spoke and her voice seemed to change from how she normally did. In her hand were not tickets but two old slips of paper from the pocket of her jeans.

The man's eyes became clouded before he spoke. "You two may go ahead."

I turned to look at Haley as we walked inside the building. "Well that sure came in handy. How did you know it would work?"

"I didn't." she replies. "I kind of just went out on a limb there." she shrugged.

The two of us just looked at each other and laughed silently.

We walked through the hallways and headed toward where we heard a large crowd. Eventually we found ourselves at the auditions and people had just booed someone off stage.

Haley and I found two seats and sat down. Something began buzzing in my head and I assumed one of them was near by.

A boy with a white shirt and a tie came out onto the stage with a nervous smile on his face. I couldn't believe who it was since I hadn't seen him in ages....

"What's your name?" asked one of the judges that I didn't know the name of.

"Louis Tomlinson." he spoke. I turned to Haley and we both wore big grins.

"And what will you be singing for us today?" asked the same judge.

"I'll be singing 'Hey there Delilah' by the PlainWhite Tees." his voice quivered. The poor boy was nervous but I knew deep in my heart that he'd do great.

"Ok off you go then." spoke another judge and the music began.

His voice was slightly shakey but the song still sounded good.  We watched as Louis finished the song and smiled as he waited to hear what they had to say...

The judges got him through.

I couldn't help but smile. Haley and I stood up and rushed to find a way backstage as quickly as possible.

No one took notice in us and if they did Haley simply used her, what I liked to call, 'charm speak'.

Finally we made it to where Louis and his family were about to exit from backstage.

"Louis!" both of us called out. He turned around to face us.

"Haley! Denice!" he exclaimed and met us half way and engulfed us in a hug. "How are you two?! I haven't heard from you in ages!" he looked so happy.

For a fraction of a second, I got a mental image of Louis looking at the screen of his phone with hatred and hurt in his eyes. Harry appeared behind him and when Louis saw him, a flash of sadness went though his eyes as he turned and disappeared into another room.

"We saw your performance and we're both so happy that you made it through!!" exclaimed Haley as she brought me out of my daze.

"We told you you'd do amazing!" I reminded him with a smile.

"Yes you two were right." Laughed Louis. "How long will you two be here? You should join us for dinner so that we can catch up."

"We're only here for awhile but going to dinner would be nice." I smiled. Louis would always be that caring older brother that I wished to have.

"Our um, uncle and aunt are busy with business here but I doubt they'll mind if we go with you." added Haley. I had almost forgot that we told the Tomlinson's that we had gone to live with 'family'.

"Great! There's so much I need to tell you." he beamed.

"How are you and Olivia doing?" asked Haley and at the change of his expression I knew things weren't well between them.

"We're not together anymore." he mumbled kind of sadly.

"Aw what happened Louis?" I asked giving him a hug which he returned.

"Things just weren't the same after the play and the move so we broke it off. I still kind of miss her." I felt bad for Louis.

"Don't worry Lou, you'll find your girl." smiled Haley.

Louis kindly smiled back.

"Now let's go get some food; I'm starving!" I cheered.

_____________________

I apologize that this took ages to post but I hope whoever is sti reading this likes it :) Hopefully the next chapters will come sooner if my schedule doesn't get too busy.

VOTE

FOLLOW

COMMENT

SHARE

:)