Chapter Twenty-Eight

I awoke the next morning to the smell of eggs and coffee, as well as Luther and Diego's booming voices echoing around the room. I look next to me and see that Five was gone, probably drinking a cup of the morning beverage. The clock read 6:45 A.M. I was still extremely tired because I barely had gotten 4 hours of sleep compared to the 10+ hours I was used to. I groaned and then flopped my head under the pillow covering my ears to try and get more sleep. And then I hear a swoosh sound and peek through the pillow to see Five holding two cups of coffee in front of the couch. I took the pillow off of my head and sat up.

"Oh, I was just about to wake you up." Five sat next to me and handed me the other cup, while sitting next to me.

"And I was just about to go back to sleep." I groaned and sat up with the blanket still wrapped around my body, with the top over my head like a hood.

"Didn't know you were such a grouch in the morning." He chuckled.

I took a sip of my coffee, "It's not even 7 A.M. and we went to bed at like 2:30. And I'm more of a night owl."

"True, but we unfortunately don't have time to get 8 full hours of sleep." He kissed my cheek and stood up.

A little bit of color spread on my cheeks as I muttered, "11 hours."

Five stopped walking and turned around to face me, "You get 11 hours of sleep every night?"

"Ah, good morning sleeping beauty." Diego said as he entered the room.

"Morning." I stood up with the blanket still on my body and the coffee in my hand.

I looked at the dentist chairs to see that Luther and Elliot were gone, but I could hear them talking in the kitchen. I walked over into Elliot's room and stole some of his black cargo pants, and a dark blue button up shirt and a black belt, and some heeled combat boots that must have been Ealanor's from the closet. I slipped the cargo pants on and to my waist before putting on the belt. I put on the shirt leaving a few buttons unbuttoned, and then putting on the boots, it was time to leave the dusty tennis shoes behind. As I was closing the closet, I got a glimpse of something shiny, I opened it back up and looked at the shiny colorful thing. It was an orange crop top that looked like it was a bralette, embroidered in sequins. And then

I saw more. A blue one in glitter, a red one with beads hanging from it, a green one with leaf patterns on it and a black leather one and many others. I stopped looking at them and got dressed.

I went into the bathroom and redid my cat's eye liner and walked back into the living room to get my coffee.

"No, no, no, I don't understand they keep following me." Diego said.

Luther was frying over a dozen eggs in a pan, "Wait, who?"

"Those Dutch sociopaths."

I walked into the kitchen, "Actually, they're Swedish, Diego."

I started smelling something burning. I looked down at Luther's eggs and saw how many were in there, and Luther, being Luther I know that he forgot to put butter in the pan.

"Jesus, Luther!" I ran over to the stove.

I lifted up the pan from the stove with my mind while running to the cabinets to search for a plate. After I got one I held the plate as the eggs carefully poured onto the plate.