Chapter 9

Of course Carrie took an hour instead of the 30 minutes we agreed on but that's okay. I'm so used to this chick taking so long to get ready every single time we're going somewhere. She was the prettiest thing! Always kept herself up and dressed nice and everything. Me & Sanai made sure our little sisters were straight, no matter what just like I did with my own children.

I kept noticing differences about Carrie. While she was getting dressed I was sitting on her bed watching TV. She may not have thought I was paying attention but I was paying attention to EVERYTHING! She was gaining a little weight like her face was getting fatter, she was getting thick, her butt was getting bigger and so were her boobs. At first I was like maybe it's because she has been being lazy, eating and sleeping all the darn time. Carrie could have very well been like this for a little while now but I just haven't been paying her any attention. In my head I was just like " UGH , I don't want my baby to grow up! "

So when we were about to leave, I had to about drag Carrie out of the house! I made her walk in front of me so she couldn't go back in her room to get nothing else, change her outfit again or add some make up or anything. Guess what?? Her walk was different! OMG!! Every woman knows what I'm talking about. I didn't know what to do! I gave her the keys, told her to crank up the car and that I was coming. I went upstairs in my room and cried for a good fifteen minutes, no joke. I knew what was going on with her before she could even tell me. This really really broke my heart.

I didn't know if I should jack her up, fight her, scream at her or hug her and cry. I had to get myself together so that we could have a nice girls day and an even better girl talk. I just couldn't believe it, not my baby. Not Carrie.

We started off our day by going to IHop, Carrie's favorite restaurant. I didn't wanna attack her with intense question so I started everything off very easy. I asked her about school, cheerleading, about what high school she wanted to go to next year and the activities and clubs she wanted to participate in in the upcoming years. She gave me an interesting answer though. This thirteen year old told me she had a few things in mind but she didn't wanna get her hopes up because one miniscule situation or thing could change everything. When I asked her what she meant, she said she just wanted to sound sophisticated and we busted out laughing.

She was opening up to me and it felt so good! Lately she had been treating me like she didn't wanna be around me and like I was a stranger and now we're sitting in this restaurant cracking up and picking at people like we use to always do. I can't ever let her get that distant from me again. We had to stay close because I know around this age is when she's going to need me the most.

" What you wanna do next? " I asked Carrie.

" You already know, sis! " she said laughing.

" Oh , Lord .. I gotchu since I've been slacking! "

" Thank you! " she said said smirking .

" Concord or Northlake? "

" CONCORD! "