Chapter 8

I got up early to get the kids ready for school and daycare. Meki begged me to let him wear his Columbian 11's. I told him he could as long as he brought his Cherry 4's as play shoes. Then Zoey wanted to twin with her brother and wear her Columbian 11's too. I let her but made sure her daycare teacher knew to change her shoes when they went to the playground. My children were blessed but also spoiled. I gave them nothing less than the best. They come out the womb with name brand everything. I work my butt off to do it too.

     I think I got that from my mom. She gave all of us nothing but the best. My father didn't do shit. He sold drugs and made sure he was straight. He ain't ever do shit for us. In his head it was all about him. He never came to see us, never called but wanted to play the father role when he was around. He would try to tell us what to do and said we had to respect him because he brought us into this world. We had absolutely NO respect for that man. We've got into it almost every time he's came around because of the things he do and say. I've cursed him out and so has Brittany. Carrie and Sanai just keep their distance. Trayvon and Trayquan hate that man so much. They've tried to fight him so many times and threaten him consistently. We only see him like once every five years, that's why once he got locked up nun of us bothered going to see him.

     My mom always had hope that he would get his self together. That's why she never bad talked him and only told us good things concerning him when we were growing up. She refused to divorce him for a really long time even though she knew he was cheating, did nothing for our family and never came home. Whatever he did to get locked up for all these years is what made her put her foot down. They got their divorce when my father was out on bond.

     When I got back to the house Carrie was still sleeping so I went to sleep for a few more hours. I woke up and she was still sleeping! She was sleeping so much lately. I wonder if she was depressed or something. I decided to wake her up, tell her to take her shower and get dressed but when I went in her room she wasn't there. She was in the bathroom throwing up.

     I knocked on the door. " Carrie, you okay?? "

     She opened the door. " I'm fine, just cramping real bad I think my period coming. "

     " When is the last time you had your cycle? "

     " It hasn't came in two months " My whole face changed. " ..... but that's normal for me. I'm a teenager, my period comes when it wants to and sometimes it doesn't come at all. "

     " I'll make you an appointment for later on this week. "

     " Do I really have to go? I hate going to the doctor. "

     " Yes, you have to go. Now do you wanna still have our girls day or you wanna lay down? "

     " I still wanna go. I already took my shower and I already know what I'm gonna wear. "

     " Okay.. you have 30 minutes, little girl " I said laughing.