Chapter 32

We rode in complete silence on the way back to the party. The boys were playing the PS4 in the backseat and Trayvon was blasting PartyNextDoor. I had left my phone at the party so I was basically just daydreaming, thinking about all Trayvon said before we got the boys. He was right about everything but of course I refused to say he was right. Him and Trayquan always say Brittany and I have to learn everything the hard way. Carrie and Sanai listened alot more than we do, especially to them. I gotta get cursed out and jacked up to listen most times. But that's something I'm use to and I'm pretty sure they are too.

When we pulled up to the party, the twins were looking all around.

" Dad, we gotta stay in the car? " Jason asked.

" Yeah, just for a minute. " Trayvon said. " Come on, Morgan. "

I got out the car and while we were walking towards the steps, Trayvon put his arm around me and pulled me in some, giving me a side hug. He kissed me on my forehead.

" I'm hard on you cause I love you, bruh. More than you can ever imagine, man. I'ma always have your back.. just don't hide nothing from me, okay? " He said.

" I promise. " I said.

He gave me his "I know you're lying to me" look.

" I'm forrrrrrreal. " I said.

" You better be! " He said pushing my head away from his.

I laughed.

When we went inside everyone looked towards the door really quick.

" They're in the car.. Turn off the lights and yell surprise when we come back in. " Trayvon said.

While Trayvon went back outside to get the boys, I took Amaru from Daniel and sat on Chris's lap. He was kissing on my neck as I fed Amaru her milk bottle. She was sleepy and getting fussy. She was closing and opening her eyes as she tried to fall asleep and drinking the bottle at the same time. She was biting the nipple of the bottle and holding on tight. Then got mad and threw it and screamed. Right then, I realize this was gonna be a long party.

Sanai got up and turned off all the lights. The kids were on the floor and hiding behind furniture. The adults were all at tables talking softly.

We heard the boys from outside.

" Dad, why do we need to check out this place? " Jaxon asked.

" I'm thinking about throwing an event here next weekend. " Trayvon said.

" Oh okay.. that's cool, dad. You should do it. " Jaxon said.

We heard somebody turn the knob a few times. So everyone inside got silent and stared at the door.

" SURPRISE!!!!!! " Everyone screamed as they jumped out.

Jaxon and Jason were so surprised. They looked around and smiled.

" Real funny, dad. Real real funny. " Jaxon said to Trayvon being sarcastic.

" This dope as freak, dad! Thank you so much. " Jason said.

" Don't thank me. Thank your aunties! " Trayvon said.

The boys ran to all of us and gave us hugs and thanked us.

" Now, let's get this party started forreal. " Trayvon said. " DJ start back up. Everyone, the food is ready.. take as much at you want. Kids, there's plenty of games and the bouncing things are ready to be jumped on. "