Chapter 36

We stayed at Chic-Fil-A for about another hour, went back to my house to get Sanai's car and my kids then we went to Sanai's house.

I seen Brittany walking around the house with some booty shorts on, talking on the phone.

" Come here, Brit. " I said.

" For what? " She asked with an attitude.

" Stop being difficult and come here. Tell that person you'll call them back. " I said.

" You so aggravating. " She said to me, rolling her eyes. " Shaquana, girl, I'll call you back.. my sister on some bull. " She said to the person on the phone.

She hung up and walked up to me, " What? "

I grabbed her and gave her the biggest hug ever. I don't think I've ever hugged her in my life, to be honest.

She started sniffling and I could tell she was crying in my arms. I've never seen her cry before. That's a tough little girl. Tougher than tough!

" You......you know. Don't you? " She asked.

" Yes.. yes I do, baby girl. " I sighed, wiping my tears while still holding onto her. " I'm sorry for not knowing and not being there for you. I swear to God, I'ma do better as your big sister. I swear. " I paused. " I'ma wipe Luther off the fucking map, man. You don't ever have to worry about him anymore. "

She shook her head while still sniffling. I rocked her and rubbed her back.

" You're gonna be okay. I promise, baby. We're gonna get you some help. You and Sanai. I promise. " I said. " You won't have to hide your hurt by being so mean. That's gonna change. We're all gonna change together, okay? "

" Kay. " She said in the sweetest, most innocent voice.

About fifteen minutes passed and Brittany was still in my arms. My baby was hurting. Hurting bad at that.

" You know yo big ass still my baby, right? " I asked.

She started laughing a little.

" I want you to start talking to me about stuff. Even if it's simple stuff. I wanna build our relationship. I want us to be tight. " I said.

" Me too.. I want that too. " She said.

I kissed her on the forehead, " You good? "

" I think so. If not, then I will be. " She said.

" That's my girl. " I said, as she let go of me.

Malik walked up, " What's wrong, bae? "

" Nothing, I'm just tired. I'm about to take a nap. " She said in a soft tone.

" But bae, you just woke up.. " He said.

" I know but I'm still tired. Come lay down with me. " She said to him.

He asked no more questions and went to that room.

" Sanai, did you schedule the visits? " I asked.

" Yep. " She said.

" Cool. Oh shit, who gonna keep the kids tomorrow? " I asked.

" Brittany and Daniel. " She said.

" Okay, good. I think it's smart for me to just stay over tonight.. well us. " I said.

" Girl, you know that I don't care. " She said. " You trynna go to a club tonight though? It's been a long ass day already and it just started. "