Chapter 6

The first night we stayed at Sanai's was the worst. Even though Zoey and Meki have their own rooms in Sanai's house they still slept with me. I couldn't sleep because I was having flashbacks and I found myself crying all over again. Zoey had a fever so she was whining all night and coughing and sneezing all in my face and stuff. Meki had two panic attacks back to back so Sanai and I took them to the hospital. I knew why Meki was having panic attacks but I couldn't tell the doctor that. They not taking my children away from me. They'll feel like they're in danger. When they asked Meki what happened to his face, he looked up at me. My baby is smart! I told them he jumped off the swing and fell. I could tell by the doctor face that he knew I was lying. He told me to allow Meki to sleep with me all this week so that I could watch him. If he continued to do this all week, bring him back and they'll try giving him anxiety medicine.

     Come to find out, Zoey has a sinus infection and an ear infection. She has to take antibiotics for two weeks straight and it should go away. In other words, I will not be getting any sleep for the rest of the week.

     I work in a clothing store that Sanai owns. She refuses to let me work for the next month. She said she wants me to focus on relaxing and making sure my kids straight. She will make sure I still get paid though and she said she gonna throw a little extra in there. My sister always looking out.

     When we got home from the hospital Carrie and Brittany was gone. Brittany's boyfriend and Baby Carter was sound asleep though. Brittany phone was going straight to voice mail and Carrie's phone was broken. Sanai's boyfriend, Daniel watched Meki and Zoey while Sanai and I went to look for the girls. I was pissed but I was also worried. Not so much about Brittany, but Carrie. I know she only left because Brittany left. What she doesn't realize is Brittany is almost grown and she can't do everything she does. Carrie is always getting herself in situations that she can't get herself out of.

     We couldn't find them so we called Trayvon and Trayquan to go find them. When they were found, they were at Brittany's best friend house. She had a house party and they decided that they were gonna go without telling anyone. Carrie isn't allowed to go to parties until she's sixteen but Brittany doesn't care of course.

     Carrie was in the back room with her boyfriend, Cameron . " You ready, babe? " He said.

     " Yeah, whenever you are. " she replied.

     Cameron stuck it in and Carrie jumped.

     " That hurts really bad, Cameron " she said in a painful voice.

     " You sure you wanna do this, Carrie? "

     " Of course. " she said in an uncertain tone.

     He tried one more time and she said ouch really loud.

     " You're not ready and honestly I don't think I am either. Let's wait, okay? "

     " No, I want to. I love you. "

     " I love you too, Care. "

     They had sex and it was one of Carrie's most painful experiences ever but she did it because she felt like she loved Cameron and wanted to share that moment with him.

     When Carrie and Brittany came back home, I thumbed Carrie and jacked Brittany up. They weren't use to this because they ran all over Sanai. Brittany pushed me back and punched her chest. I fixed my fist to swing again until she yelled " Okay, okay! "

     " Don't you ever disrespect me like that! Do you know how much we do for yall?? Yall not grateful! Yall just wanna do whatever yall want! " I was yelling.

     " I'm sorry, Morgan. For real, I really am " Carrie said.

     " Yall on punishment until I say so. "

     " Yes, ma'am. " Carrie replied.

     Brittany shrugged.

     " Brittany, I swear to God......."

     " Whatever. " she replied and went to her room.