Chapter 13

A few months passed and Carrie was getting really big. She told the whole family together that she was pregnant one night that we were all in the living room on the main floor. She even called my mom and told her too. She of course cried but then she encouraged her saying she could do it and that she'd help. People didn't know this but my mom had money, like big money. She was real low key with it and really smart with her money. She gave us money all time to help take care of the girls.

Carrie told Camron last and this how the conversation went:

" Hey, Care. " He was the only one that called her " Care " but she loved it.

" Hey, babe. "

" What's wrong? "

" Why do you think there's something wrong? "

He laughed a little, " I can hear it in your voice. "

" Well ........ummmm........ " she couldn't seem to find the words.

" What is it, Care? "

" I'm......Well we're having a baby. "

He paused a minute, " Forreal? Nah, man.. you playing. "

" Why would I play about something like this?? "

" My bad, I'm sorry. "

There was silence on the phone for a minute.

Then Cameron said " Wow. In a few months well have a son or daughter. "

" I know right. " she was tearing up.

" Why you crying? "

" How do you know I'm crying? "

" I can tell! "

" Because I'm scared you're gonna leave me to do this alone. "

" Babe, I'm not! I promise.. you have my word! I already have a job so Ima work on getting some more hours. You know I'm graduating early so then I can help with baby more and everything. When is your next appointment? I wanna go to all your appointments with you from now on. "

" Next week I get to find out what I'm having. "

" No, babe.. what WE'RE having. You wanna hang out this weekend and talk about baby names? "

" Of course! "

" I love you and what we've created for real for real! "

" I love you more! "

Everyone in the family loved Carrie's boyfriend except Trayvon and Trayquan of course. They didn't like any male any of us associated with. But Cameron was so respectful and smart. He was very shy but very well mannered. He had a nice job, a car and a plan already! And he was only fifteen turning sixteen soon. I really believe that he is gonna be there for Carrie and the baby. Even if he was thinking about being stupid I think Trayvon and Trayquan changed his mind. When they first met him they threaten him so bad that we felt sorry for him and Sanai and I made them stop. He kept his respect though. He said he understood their protection for their little sisters and he does the same for his. His sisters were seven, five and three. His older brothers were eighteen and twenty. They were raised by a single mother too so he understood our family and how we worked because his family was very similiar to ours. He was black and probably Indians but they're were no other mixtures involved. He was a really handsome little boy. I trusted that he'd do right by my sister and their baby.