Chapter 46

In the matter of seconds, Sanai and I were panicking, trying to get all the stuff in the house. I woke Alex and Daniel up so they could watch the kids, because we had to go right away and find out where Brittany was.

I drove, because I was the faster driver. We filed a police report of a missing person. We could no longer call her a child because she's eighteen and legal now. We called my mom right after that.

" Ma?? Ma? " Sanai almost yelled in her ear. " Where's Brittany? " She took a deep breath. " Please please please tell me she's with you. "

" No, baby. She left out early this morning. I felt her give me a long hug and kiss before she left and left a note saying she loved me so much and she's sorry for disappointing me. " My mom explained. " I was never disappointed in her, I have no idea what she's talking about. "

" Damn it!! " Sanai hung up.

" Where the fuck would she be?? " Sanai asked. " I hope she just tripping, man. I hope she don't do nothing stupid. "

I had a focused ass face. In any other situation, I probably would have laughed at myself. But this wasn't the time to laugh, this was a serious matter.

" We need to drive around until we find her. Call Trayvon and Trayquan to help us look too. Call Carrie and see if she has heard from her. " I said to Sanai.

Just then, Sanai's phone rung. She put it on speaker phone.

" What up, sis? " I knew it was Trayquan's voice.

" Hey! Quick question.. " Sanai said.

" I already know what's going on. I know my sisters. Trayvon and I just wanted to know it yall knew what was going on. " He said.

" We on it. We need yall to help us look. " Sanai said.

" We walking to the car now, baby girl. " He said.

" How'd yall know? " Sanai asked.

" We got a weird letter from her this morning. The doorbell woke us up but nothing was there but the letter. " He explained.

Sanai and I both sighed at the same time. " What'd it say? "

" Something about loving us and sorry that she hasn't been able to see us alot. And she hopes to see us before she goes. " He said.

" Ugh! Drive faster, Morgan, drive faster!! " Sanai was screaming at me and crying at the same time.

" Calm down, Sanai. She's gonna be fine. " Trayquan said.

" You don't tell me to calm down! This is all my fault! This is MY baby.. you hear me? MINE! I know what she's capable of right now. And I CAN'T let it happen, I can't. " Sanai was weeping.

I took the phone, " I'll call yall back. Lemme know if yall hear anything or find her. I'm about to call Carrie real quick. "

" 10/4! "

" Carrie, baby, where are you? " I asked.

" At the house. " She said.

" Have you heard from Brittany? " I asked.

" Yeah, actually. She just left here- " I made such an illegal u-turn!

" Keep talking! " I said, driving like a maniac.

" She came over and looked so out of it. It was almost scary. She hugged me tight and cried and apologized for our most recent fight and all the arguments we've ever gotten into. She wouldn't let me take the blame for anything. She said it was time for her to take responsibility. " She said.