Chapter 4

I was scared Chris was gonna come back and do some more crazy shit so I called Sanai. I didn't tell her what happened but I asked her to come get us because Chris took my car. She was freaking out because it was five o'clock in the morning.

     By the time she got here I had three huge suitcases packed because I knew we would be gone for a while. One full of my stuff, one full of Meki's stuff and one full of Zoey's stuff. When Sanai came in the first thing I did I was grab Zoey, kissed her so many times and started to swing her around. " How's mommy's baby? How's mommy's baby? " I said tickling her.

     " Mommy, what's wrong? " I think she noticed that my face was super red and so were my eyes.

     " I'm just tired, baby. "

     " Your arms, mommy . " My wrist and arms were bruised from Chris holding them so tight.

     " Mommy hurt herself. " I said lying. " You and your brother go get some toys, okay? "

     " Okay, mommy. "

     When I turned around Sanai was crying and crying and crying. She was also texting really really fast. She got up from the table and hugged me for a long time.

     " What happened? "

     " Nothing. "

     When I went to the room to get the suitcases, Sanai opened the door. I thought she was stepping outside for a minute. Trayquan and Trayvon were standing in the middle of my living room when I brought the suitcases. I knew it was about the be some shit. My brothers played no games when it came to me, my sisters and all of our kids. I knew Sanai punk ass snitched. That's probably who she was texting.

     " Sit down, Morgan. " I always listened to my brothers. They were like my father. We all had the same father. He's in prison but is suppose to get out soon. I've only seen him like 3 times in my whole life. He is mixed with black and white and our mother is dominican. She would never tell us why my father has been in prison so long.

     " Tell us what happened. "

     " No. "

     Trayvon voice got real deep, " What I say?! "

     " He.........he............ " I couldn't get my words out because I was crying too bad.

     " He what, Morgan? " Trayquan asked.

     " He raped me. " Trayvon paused for a minute then he punched the wall.

     " .......... in front of Meki. " Trayquan pushed the wall when I said that right next to Trayvon's hole.

     Meki came out the room with Zoey. He had a huge knot on his head and a bruise on his face from hitting the wall. Sanai sat him on her lap, held his face and rocked him. I did the same to Zoey and continued to kiss her forehead.

     " Mommy, why are you sad? "

     " Mommy is okay, Zoey. "

     Out of nowhere Trayvon ran out the house and Trayquan ran behind. Sanai and I tried to run outside behind them but the kids were slowing us down. I knew exactly where they were going and who they were looking for. They were going to Chris's brother's house and of course they were looking for Chris. Trayquan went to the car and got two guns, handing Trayvon one. Sanai and I were screaming " no, stop " . Chris's brother lived in the same neighborhood, that's why Chris came and left as he pleased.

     I really hoped Chris wasn't there because he was gonna get killed for real. Actually I hoped nobody was there because Trayvon and Trayquan were so angry that they'd shoot him too. I just didn't want them to cause no beef or get locked up and be in there with Dad. Then who would protect us?

     Trayvon banged on the door like he was the police. We were walking up behind them when they told us to pack up the car and pull up. I really knew shit was about to go down.