Chapter 7

They were on punishment for a month but even after that Carrie stayed distant from the whole house. She went to school, went to cheerleading practice and came straight home in her room. All night. She like never came out! She had a mini frig and a bathroom in her room so she kinda had no reason to. With me taking the kids to school and daycare, going to work, leaving work and picking them back up I didn't pay anyone else any attention.

     One night I was laying in bed and something clearly said talk to Carrie. I then thought about the fact that I hadn't really seen her in a while and we haven't had " girl talk " either. I got out of my bed, went downstairs and knocked on her door. She didn't answer and the door was locked. Everybody knows that Morgan knows how to pick locks. I made my way to the kitchen on that floor and got a butter knife. And guess what? I got into that door and only after a few seconds.

     When I walked in the door her back was facing me. I thought she was mad or crying or something. I leaned over to look at her face and she was knocked out. Like gone. I kissed her on her forehead and she opened her eyes.

     " I love you, Carie. "

     She turned around some. " I love you too, Morgan. "

     " Ima take off tomorrow and I don't want you to go school. We're gonna have a girl's day, okay? "

     She looked super worried when I said that. " Okay...... goodnight. "

     " Goodnight, babe. "

     I knew something wasn't right. My sister was my baby. She never stayed distant from me. She does that with everyone else but not me. It was my fault though. I had wrapped my mind around me and children and forgot all about my little sisters that I'm suppose to be raising. But I was sure that I was gonna do better. Even though me and Brittany never got along I was gonna try talking to her too. But not in the same day because I needed to get my mind right and have as much patience as possible. She had the nastiest attitude, felt like the world revolved around her, and think she knows it all. She'll curse anyone out, disrespect anyone and fight anyone. That girl is a hot mess but she's just like me when I was her age. And that's what I'm most afraid of.