Chapter 35

Buzzzzz. Buzzzzz. Buzzzzz.

I kept pushing the call end button because I was tired, it was too early to be talking on the phone and I didn't recognize the number.

Buzzzzz. Buzzzzz. Buzzzzz.

Mark stayed another night so I was up under him once again. I just couldn't seem to go to sleep without someone in the bed with me.

" Morg, answer your phone.. your vibrate loud as hell. " Mark said tapping me.

" I'm not about to be up talking to nobody at five o'clock in the morning and waking my baby up. Whoever it is can wait. " I said.

Whoever this was was blowing up my phone! Whenever I had received my seventh call from them, I answered.

" WHAT??! Gosh. " I semi-yelled.

" This is Marsha Apricot with the Department of Social Services. We have your sisters, Harmoni and Melody. " this woman said in a really sweet voice.

" What?!?! What happened? Why are they with you? Why aren't they with their grandfather, Mr. Larry? " I asked while lifting up really quick.

" Mr. Larry had a stroke at twelve o'clock midnight. The girls called the police screaming. Of course, the ambulance came and we came to get the girls. Well, we received news that he didn't make it thirty minutes ago. The girls don't know though. We found out that their mother is dead and their dad is in prison. After talking with them, we found out that you and Sanai are their sisters and you guys have them when Mr. Larry is feeling sick and on weekends. " She explained.

" Yes ma'am. Yes ma'am, that's true. " I said very quickly.

" If noone comes to get them within twenty-four hours, we have to turn them in to a foster care. So my question now is do you guys want them? " She asked.

" Of course! What do Sanai and I have to do? " I asked.

" You have to get custody of them. You and Sanai have to come down here, within twenty-four hours, and sign alot of paper work. But once that is finished, they are all yours or both you and Sanai's. " She said.
I got a book, paper and pen off my nightstand, " What's the address? "

She told me and I wrote it down.

" I'm about to wake Sanai up and we'll be on our way. " I said.

" Mark? Mark? Wake up. " I said shaking him, kinda whispering.

He jumped up, " What's wrong?? "

" Mr. Larry died and DSS has my little sisters and if I don't get down there soon, they'll be in foster care. Can you watch the kids for me? I should be up before they wake up. " I explained.

" Of course! Of course! Do what you gotta do! " He said.

Just then Amaru started crying. She was in the crib that was in my room. As I was going towards the crib to get her, Mark stopped me, " I got this! Go handle your business! "

" Thank you, Mark! " I said as I kissed him on the cheek.

Sanai spent the night last night, even though she was still mad at me for going off like I did.

She was in the guess room, on the same floor that I was on. I walked in the room.

" Sanai? Sanai? Wake up! " I said kinda loud.

She looked at me with her eyes kinda squinted. She lifted up, stretched out her arms and whispered, " What? "

" Go put some water on your face. I need you to really be up for this.. I'm not repeating myself. " I said.