Chapter 34

That night I had a really hard time sleeping. I was thinking about everything that happened at the party and the hospital. We almost loss Chris! Then he talking about not wanting to be here and wanting to be dead. All that was so crazy to me. I was so use to Chris being next to me, that it was weird trying to go to bed without anyone in the bed with me. I was use to his snoring all night and his wilding sleeping. Everything was too quiet and too still.

I ended up calling Mark and asked him to come over. It was his first time seeing the house so when he first got there, I had to give him a tour.

I asked him to spend the night and sleep in the bed because I needed something to hold onto. I was used to being up under Chris the whole night. Even though Mark tried his best to help, he wasn't Chris. It wasn't the same. Not at all.

I slept for maybe two hours then I woke up panicking, crying and screaming. I had a dream that Chris was having a conversation with Meki, telling him to take care of me and his sisters. He held his daughters for a long time and kept telling them how much he loved them and how he would never let nothing happen to them, no matter where he was. He held me last, cried and told me how much he was sorry and how he wished he was the one I was suppose to marry, but he wasn't. He left and a hour later I got a call saying he killed himself.

" NO!!!!!!! " I screamed.

Mark jumped up, " What's wrong, what's wrong?? "

" Chris was killed, Mark. He kill himself. He just left us.. he left me and the kids. " I explained.

" No, he didn't.. Sweetheart, you were dreaming. Chris is fine. He's at the hospital. " Mark clarified.

" No, they just called me. They told me what happened, Mark. He was just talking to Meki and holding the girls and I an hour ago.. now, he's gone. " I said weeping.

" Baby, you're dreaming. Lemme go get some water so you can wake up. " Mark said.

Mark brought me some water and I woke up some more. I still didn't believe that I dreamt all those things, so he called Tre'mel and had Chris call me.

" Hello? " I asked.

" Hey, babe.. Calm down, okay? I'm not leaving yall anytime soon. " Chris said.

" You promise? " I asked.

" I promise. " He said. " Now get some rest, it's late. "

" Okay.. goodnight, Chris. " I said.

" Goodnight, Morgan. " He said.

After that, I slept perfectly fine. I slept past the time that I needed to. I slept until I felt a continual vibration on my hand. It was someone calling me. It was a call from the hospital.

" Hello? " I said in a really tired voice.

" Hey, sis.. it's Carrie! " She sounded so different and so happy.

" Hey, baby!! Wassup? " I asked.

" Guess what? Guess what? " She asked.

" What? " I asked.

" No.. you have to guess, Morgan. " She said in a whiny voice.

" What, child? I'm too tired to be guessing. " I said with a little attitude.

" Well, I guess I'm not gonna tell you. " She said.

I lifted up, " Oh my God.. what? Your counseling sessions have been going good? " I asked.