Chapter 15

When my new baby girl came out I heard her and thanked God. She was truly a miracle baby. I kissed her and held her tiny little hands. She was beautiful. I had finally got me a brown skin baby. I was so in love. I wanted her to know how much I loved her. I wanted her to know that I'd do anything for her. I wanted her to know that I'd give my life to make sure she has the world.

Chris and I had to come up with a name. I knew much he loved Tupac so we chose to name the baby Amaru Serenity Baker. I couldn't wait to get her home and spoil her.

I wouldn't give the baby to anyone for hours. I started feeling weak so I handed the baby to Chris. He held her like a hour straight and simply stared at her. Trayvon and Trayquan refused to come back in the building until Chris was gone. They wanted to kill him but Sanai begged them not to when they got the call that I was rushed to the hospital. Then I begged them not to when I got up.

Meki and Zoey were amazed when they got to see and hold the baby.

" Mommy, why is her so small? " Meki asked

" She's premature, son. " I responded.

" Mommy, how come we didn't know you was pregnant? And how come your stomach weren't big? Why was you hiding this from everyone, Mom? "

" We gotta work on your speech, little man. " I said laughing. " Mommy didn't even know she was pregnant. Mommy found out today when you guys were gone. Amaru was a surprise. But this surprise is better than most surprises. Amaru was a beautiful miracle. "

Meki kissed the baby on her forehead. Zoey ran across the room, poked out her bottom lip and crossed her arms.

" What's wrong mommy's baby? " I asked.

" I'm not mommy's baby anymore. Maru is. You got a new baby now and you're not gonna want me anymore. " she said crying.

I told her to come here, I picked her up and rocked her like a baby even though I was in alot of pain.

" You will always be mommy's baby, okay? You're not going anywhere. Me and daddy will always want you. We need you to be a big girl though. Amaru is going to require lots of attention. We need you and Meki to help Mommy and Daddy and be an awesome big sister and big brother. "

" Yes ma'am. " Meki said. " I'm so happy to be a big brother again. Mommy, you should have babies more often. "

Chris and I were dying laughing. " It doesn't always work like that, son. " Chris said.

" Mommy, you promise I will always be your baby? " Zoey asked.

" I promise. " I said holding out my pinky.

When I looked over Meki was in Chris's lap. I don't know what it is but he's been up under him lately. But I realized he hadn't seen him since all that stuff went down. He probably missed him. Meki was always with him.

Chris and I were in a real weird place. We were acting like everything was okay in front of our children and the family but it really wasn't. I was still hurting. I didn't quite know how he felt though. I knew that soon we needed to talk. The only thing about that is I was almost scared of him. I was scared to be with him alone. I was afraid for Zoey to be with him alone. I didn't know what he's capable of. I basically have to get to know him all over again because everything I thought and felt about him had been erased. That one situation changed my life, changed our lives. It even changed my child's life forever.