13: Perfectly Acceptable

CHAPTER 13

Harry's P.O.V

"No! I mean, It's fine. I got it" She rushes up the stairs without looking back as I watch her leave. A little speechless if I say so for myself.

...

Wait... what... just... happened?

I look back again to see the door slammed shut as I jolt up and out of my place on the sofa, raising an eyebrow this time.

Did Jade just purposely try to avoid me then?

But why?

Does she feel... uncomfortable around me?

Again, why is that all of a sudden?

I run my hands through the messy lock of curls once more, trying to think of a reason until the flashing moments came rushing back all at once as I remember her awfully sweet, soft lips on mine, the day of last night when she confessed it all.

Everything.

Every single thing, every detail, every possible reason why she didn't want to fall for me... again.

Without warning, I start to sprint, jogging my way up the stairs as fast as I could as I impatiently knock on the bathroom door Jade was now in.

"Jade!" I call  after.

"Jade! Open the door." I plead in hopes.

"We... need to talk" I say before hearing nothing but silence.

Jade's P.O.V

He calls after me... over and over again, yet every single word he manages to says out of desperation, breaks my heart just a little more than it should..

My hand is on the door handle, ready to open it, just like my heart had last night with that kiss... but my head, is telling me to keep it shut.

The banging thoughts of confusion is confusing me so much I don't want to do anything but sit down, as I slide down at the back of the door with my head resting against the wooden frame, hearing nothing but the beating sounds of a heart behind this door.

A few minutes pass and I realize it was silent.

My hand slowly reaches for the door handle once more until the silence is then interrupted by his voice as I gradually close my eyes.

---

"Please" Harry heartbreakingly calls out. This time I am no longer able to stand it, as I grip the handle with my bare hand and push the door forward, meeting him face to face again.

I don't look up, because I'm afraid of what I might think or do.

"Please look at me."

I shake my head, not wanting to as I keep my head low, focused on the ground until...

I see his face suddenly appear right in front of me as he gets down on one knee just to look at me, before gently taking my hand in his, just like a gentleman.

I don't know what to say, and by this time I was speechless enough to do nothing but stare.

He cheekily smiles at me, his brave ambitious smile with such bright eyes, It was hard for me not to smile back.

"Right, now that I have you're attention" He grins.

"Jade Amelia Thirlwall... Will you do the honours of being my beloved..." He starts of something I never expected him to say as my heart slows down with every beat at the thought of how serious Harry suddenly looked as I soon sense the fear of panic arising inside of me out of realization then, afterwards.