20: Reckless Night

Hey guys so I've been under alot of stress lately and for some reasons it's affecting me and my updates. Yes I know I said as soon as summer starts I'll be updating regularly but please understand that there's just some things I need to focus on right now rather than my stories. 

But other than that, I just want you all to know that I really do appriciate all of your support so far and that I hope you won't give up on this story just yet <3

__________________________________________

CHAPTER 20

Leigh-Anne’s P.O.V

Although watching a movie with Louis was fun, I can’t deny how extremely awkward I felt now being sat here with nobody but Louis.

At first when he suggested the whole dinner after the cinema thing I knew he was implying for a date, but I hadn’t really had time to reject it and neither did I know if I wanted to go anyway. I just knew that I didn’t want to hurt Louis’ feelings.

I know it’s strange and probably stupid but it’s been twenty minutes so far and I can’t seem to keep my mind off of Zayn.

I suppose it should be Louis instead but it isn’t.

It sounds ridiculous I know, because I was practically all up for it a while back then but..

I guess when Zayn suddenly took notice of me the other day, for some reason it just kind of gave me that little hope inside you know?

That hope inside where the one you’re crushing on is starting to notice you and is starting to talk to you besides the girl you’d expect him to fall for.

“Leigh-Anne..”

I hear Louis’ voice suddenly drag me away from my thoughts as I look up to find Louis looking rather nervous and concerned.

“Is something wrong?” He asks me but I am not able to focus on anything but his hand which was ontop of mine.

Since when did this happen?

Absentmindedly I raise my head back up to look at Louis, glaring at those soft eyes before a hint of guilt is able to kick me in the stomach and I am brought back to my senses.

“No, no. Of course not” I deny before giving a smile back as I gently pull my hand away from Louis, consciously bringing it back to my side.

After a while I thought Louis would’ve sensed something but luckily it only took a few moments before he was able to shrug it off with an ‘Oh’ followed by an ‘okay’ response.

But then again it only took moments before he finally decided to put his fork down and stop eating just to stare at me as if to dig up the truth he was trying to not make a fuss about earlier.

“Okay. You’re not happy are you?”

“No I am”

“No you’re not. There’s something on you’re mind isn’t there?”

“No..”

He gives me that certain ‘look’ I wasn’t expecting and for some reason it just felt as if Louis had the ability of knowing some things, like when people lie. And unfortunately for me, I was one of those people.

“Sorry but.. I just…” I try to come up with a way of saying it nicely but instead I pause, feeling at lost for words until Louis spoke up as if he knew what I was about to say already.

“You wanna go home right?”

By this time I felt so guilty I couldn’t do anything but slowly nod in which Louis does the same in return as if to show how he understood before paying for the dinner as we went out and he ordered a taxi for us.