18: Date Night And Then Some

Okay so I was ill and that kind of sucked because I was ill during my work experience week (which I actually enjoyed) but was very tiring so in many ways, I was not able to update. Also, at one point I felt so ill I didn't even want to do any of the things I usually enjoyed doing and so I spent a couple of days doing nothing... lol, sorry.

P.S - Jesy will be more involved in the story from now on. ALSO, the song in the sidebar is for the dates :)

_________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 18

Jesy’s P.O.V

“What!?”

Did I just hear that right or was I actually going crazy for a second there?

“I’m sorry, but did you just say you’re going out on a date… with Zayn?” I curiously ask, wanting to confirm the fact that I hadn’t heard it wrong in the first place as she looks at me for a second before responding back with a simple reply.

“Yep.”

Uh…no way!

“Perrie! Have you forgotten about that promise we all made?” I quickly remind her, not believing for a second how she could betray us like that… but then again, this was Perrie and Zayn we’re talking about here…

“Nope” She continues to respond shortly and perhaps even a little sourly as my eyebrows arch for a second, pushing for an explanation on how that could be until she lets out a soft sigh, finally giving in to spill on the details of what was really going on.

“It’s all been arranged by our management for the paparazzi’s” She tells me.

“What!?” I exclaim once again, just as confused, as I watch her tiredly sigh before continuing.

“Basically they want me and Zayn to ‘go out’ for publicity and also to promote and gain more fans for Little Mix” She explains to me as my mouth drops by the minute from shock; to shame.

“Oh my god, Perrie! And you actually agreed to it? Why?” I blurt out, trying to recompose myself from going over the top with her selfish act until Perrie had quickly responded back in defence.

“Well it wasn’t like I had any choice. Plus, I was the last person to know about this at the very last minute” She informs me, a little annoyed, as she turns to the mirror and starts to reapply a new coat of mascara onto her eyelashes and I watch her, feeling a little annoyed by the passing minute on how she clearly wanted to drop the subject.

“Well I didn’t know about it…” I murmur to myself.

“Hm? Did you say something?” Perrie suddenly takes note from the low murmurs as I quickly lift my head up, a bit startled.

“Huh? Oh. No. I mean… have fun tonight” I quickly tell her before forcing a smile. Something I had gotten pretty good at since I've gotten famous, even though at this point now the smile would've easily been passed down as the pain-fullest thing to do after hearing what Perrie had confirmed just moments ago.

But hey, I managed to get some reaction onto my face right?

“Oh okay, I’ll try” She tells me, with a half-heartedly smile on her face, as if to look innocent by the minute as my eyes narrow and I can’t help but quickly make my way out so that I could finally breath and think this through.

Oh right, because ‘trying’ will be hard… c’mon Perrie, even I know you’re probably buzzing inside right now just being able to get all dolled-up and be seen with Zayn on a date, and say how much you like him and to confirm how you’re both ‘dating’ even though you’re technically not because it’s only for the public… but PU-lease, don’t make it look as if you won’t enjoy it because hunny even I know you will and that’s a fact…