16: Change Her Mind

CHAPTER 16

Perrie's P.O.V

"We want you and Zayn to start going out" They both tell me as my mouth practically drops ten feet to the hard, ground of what now feels like hell to me.

“What!?" I exasperated.

"Why?" I demanded, wanting an explanation to all of this.

"Well... let's see... You're a girl from a rising girl band who's just reached a bit of fame, and he's a boy from a very popular boy band with a lot of fame... It just makes sense if..." My manger tells me before pausing as Tulisa sits there quietly listening.

"If what?" I exclaimed, feeling more than uneasy right now.

"If you and Zayn went out and you know... became the public eye" She tells me as my mouth drops even further, and I honestly just felt like dying there right now.

"Wait a minute; you want me to go out with Zayn in order to get recognition from other fans, just to put Little Mix forward in the media?" I recall what they were intentionally getting out of this as they both nod their heads in return and I stare at them as if they've suddenly just grown another head.

"Are you insane!?" I yell, probably much too louder than planned as they sit there staring at me blankly as if this wasn't much of a big deal to them. Well... to my manager anyways.

"No. We're not. We all think it's a brilliant idea, and we want you guy to be seen more in public" She keeps going on about it as I roll my eyes, not wanting to believe a single word of this.

"What? No! Our fans..." 

"Would go crazy over this... trust me, we know, but it'll be a good-kind-of crazy because guess what... I’m not sure if you're fond of twitter, tumblr or any other kinds of online networking sites, but apparently you and Zayn have a lot of fans that seem to 'ship' the both of you right now." She tells me, as if she had already planned it all out as I lean back even further, not impressed at all.

"Ship?" 

"Yeah. Ship. Who you ship who with is who you want to see who with in a relationship because they 'look good' together." Tulisa finally explains just before pausing as my manager, puts their view forward.

"A.K.A meaning you and Zayn look good together."

"And it's okay don't worry. Zayn's manager knows about this and is in on it, as well as for Zayn..." My manager tells me however, the mention of Zayn knowing suddenly took me a little off board as I cut off so that she was barely able to finish off her sentence.

"Woah, woah hold up there... Zayn knows? Already?" I probed curiously as to how Zayn knew about this before I did.

"Yeah. he's more than okay with it so it's going to be official by tomorrow." My manager states as I raise an eyebrow.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes. Oh and also you've got a 'date' out with Zayn tonight so get ready for that in like half an hour, because paparazzi's will be out to take the pictures. We'll confirm the news and all you'll have to do is stay in the public's eyes until then" They both inform me.

A little late don't you think?

"Until then? For how long exactly is this going to last?" I ask them as they look at one another before my manager answers.

"Oh sweetie, don't worry. It'll only be for a little while...I think" She quickly states before getting up and out of her seat.

"You think? But-"