15: Tell Me a Lie

CHAPTER 15

Leigh-Anne's P.O.V

Several moments later..

"Louis? Is that you?"

"Oh. Leigh-Anne. What a coincidence." His tone strangely sounds as if it has been mono-toned like a robot which made me giggle within an instant as he continues to use that same kind of tone again.

"I had no idea you would be here. That's so awesome." He continues, although something tells me this wasn't much of a 'coincidence' or an accident at all.

"Yeah, I know right? What are you even doing in here?" I pretend to play along, even thought i knew just exactly what was going on and what exactly Louis had been doing all this time.

"Oh. I was just..." He pauses for a moment to take his eyes off mine before scanning the whole room, as if to ask himself the question anyway.

"I was just, doing a bit of shopping" he makes up the excuse, as my eyebrows raise up slightly by his answer.

"In the women's clothing section?" I giggle as he tilts his head to the side like a lost, confused puppy trying to catch on.

"Uh.. yeah. Getting my mother something pretty to wear for her birthday coming up" He makes up an excuse. I can tell by his actions as he nervously scratches the back of his neck and I smirk just a little bit.

"Oh really? That’s so sweet, when’s her birthday?" I ask, putting him on the spotlight as he tries to come up with something else to say next.

"Um... next week? Yeah! Next week. But anyways... Hi. Mind if I tag along?" He quickly tries to change the subject as I chuckle a little by his cute way of keeping the conversation going like this.

"Oh Sure. Why not? Since you're already here... In fact, would you mind helping me out? I'm looking for a dress to buy" I ask of him, actually needing a guys opinion since none of the girls are around by the looks of it.

"Oh really? What for?" He curiously asks in return.

"Well... It's actually my older sister's birthday next week and she's having this party. Friends and relatives are all going and I need a dress to be there apparently." I inform him as he nods along to what I say.

"This year she's having a big party at the London's Mayfair bar so... yeah." I finish off my sentence whilst searching through the clothing rack for a dress as I pick out a few dresses I thought would look nice.

"Hey Louis, what d'you think about this dress?" I ask him from behind of me, my eyes scanning the pale white dress that was curved elegantly by the waist, with pretty detailing of embroidery along the shoulders.

However, the minute I turned around, my eyes was met by not Louis, but the most beautiful dress I had ever seen in my life.

"How about this dress?"

He held the dress up with pride as I stare at the stunning dress. It was a shoulder-less bandeau satin and lace ball gown dress that looked extremely elegant and eye-catching from all angles.

"It's.. Perfect" I say, feeling captivated by the beauty of it, as he smiles at me with a warm smile and I quickly shot him a grateful one back.

Louis' P.O.V

Twenty minutes later...

After showing her the dress I had chosen, Leigh-Anne made it clear enough how much she loved it just by taking it to the counter to get it all wrapped up in a bag, however no matter how many times I tried to insist how much I wanted to pay for the dress just for her, she had refused to let me because she thought it wouldn't be fair and that she was already so grateful for me to have chosen this dress for her in particular, and so instead I let it slide with a soft sigh so that she could have her way... but of course, that wasn't all I was going to do for her...