orianne micah wright jr.

"Pa! Is it okay if I invite the West's to the ball?" I asked as I looked up from my MacBook

"Pa! Is it okay if I invite the West's to the ball?" I asked as I looked up from my MacBook. Me and his assistant along with his secretary, was compiling the guest list for the 50th annual Governor's Ball while I worked on an article. It was next week, two days after Labor Day.

"Yes, that's fine. I'll be sure to notify security to keep the other reporters at bay. Are you working that night?"

I shook my head no as I emailed my boss the article so I could get the okay to publish it. A body was found today, and I was the first reporter on the scene, so I had first dibs on everything. I broadcast live from the scene, and now I had to post the article with the updates and facts before anybody else could turn the story. "No sir, I asked my boss specifically to have that night off."

"Put them on the VIP list and make sure they get the box invitation."

I nodded my head and grabbed my iPad to edit the list before re-sharing the document. My boss confirmed that I could post the article, so I logged into my portal and did so. I raised my head once I heard the gate beep. I looked at the monitor and shook my head. Two seconds later, the guard house was calling.

"Governor Wright Sr., there's a Jaiandre here for Ms. Wright."

Pa looked at me, and I shook my head, letting him know that I didn't want to see him. I stood up from the table and headed down the hall to one of the guests' bathrooms. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. Just hearing the name Jaiandre leaves me flustered, and I don't like that at all. He was someone who I thought was the one. Someone who I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with. Someone who I simply thought I was going to grow old with. But those thoughts were put at ease once his will to commit became an issue.

He was more than willing to show me off as if I was just arm candy rather than make me his woman. He liked attention and was very arrogant. Being the governor's daughter definitely didn't help. It only fueled the little ego he had. He dealt with me in private on some days and in public when he wanted to. I knew I had to let that man go when he felt that it was okay to bring another date to one of my father's functions when he was supposed to be my date, being that I invited him and all.

When dealing with me, you only had one chance to play me and I was done. Because if I let you play me twice, that's letting you think I was okay with your actions and giving you an invitation to continue doing so. But baby, this is not that type of party. One and done, shawty. Won't make me a fool.

"Juicy, are you okay?"

I looked back at the door, hearing my daddy talk through it. I guess I've been in here for a minute and he was worried. I pulled the door open and he was standing there with his arms open and I gladly walked into them, allowing him to engulf me in his arms. He didn't say anything because he knew I needed just a small moment of silence. Forever thankful for my twin.

"Come on. I've got pizza and wings on the way, along with some brownies."

I looked up at him and smiled as we walked down the hall. I love a man that knows the way to my heart.