jayden o'mari west

"Boog, the insurance check came

"Boog, the insurance check came.."

I looked at my mama and nodded my head before heading up the stairs. Fuck that insurance check because it's not gonna fix my emotional damage and no amount of money in the world could compare to how much that building meant to me. After all these years, I had finally found my purpose. I finally had something that was mine, MINE! And it was taken away from me. Shit was stupid, and I'll never get over it; and no one could make me.

I pushed my bedroom door open and locked it behind me as I started taking off my clothes. I threw everything into my basket and fixed my briefs before climbing into bed. I laid flat on my back with my hands behind my head, watching my ceiling fan just spin. Shit was just too fucked up to even enjoy life right now. It's been about two weeks since everything transpired. So much just done went wrong. Still in disbelief, somebody burned my gallery down. Bad things always happen to good people. Like, what did I do to deserve this? I'm just grateful my in-laws had it in their mind to pack me and my students' pantings. I don't know how, but I'm glad they did.

"Who the fuck are you?"

I sat up quickly once I heard my mama's voice. I slipped some shorts on and stood up.

"Bitch where yo weak ass son at?"

I shook my head and laughed because, nah. I just know that's not Kambria's pussy ass brother. That's the wrong one, playboy. I am so sick of muthafuckas playing with me and my family. People mustn't know I lived in the trenches before Cedar Grover. I laughed again because people keep trying to play me soft because I'm rich. I snatched my second closest door open and grabbed the 12 gauge shotgun from the gun safe and ran downstairs. The twins' cries made my ears perk up as I hit the last step. I made it to the foyer and pumped the shotgun with one hand while holding it up.

"Can you think of one reason why I shouldn't blow your shit back?" I grabbed my mama and pulled her behind me. I kept the gun pointed directly at his head because the way I'm feeling, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger. He held his hands up in surrender and stepped out the door, walking backwards as I walked towards him.

"I-III-I jj-just wanted to talk about what you did to my sister."

I laughed because I got this bitch stuttering. "Instead of trying to talk to me, you need to be talking to your weird ass, delusional ass sister. I didn't touch her. She did that to herself. Kambria cheated on me! She's the reason the relationship ended. Next time, make sure you have all the facts straight before you risk yo freedom by being dumb."

I raised the shotgun and hit him in the face with the butt, making him fall. "And that's for calling my mama out her name, bitch! Fuck off my property!"

I turned around and pulled my mama into me, hugging her. "You okay?"

She nodded her head and squeezed me tight while I rested my chin on her head. When will this shit end? I had more peace in jail, man. I shook my head and grabbed her hand, leading us back into the house. "I'm going to go put this back up and I'll be right back down to help you with the twins."