XVI

"You ready to go, Doll-face?" Cal asks, "Just a second".
I grab my phone from the dresser and slip it into the pocket of my tight jeans, Cal and I Were getting ready to go to the underground street race.

In hopes that we could find Mother Nature, the others decided to join us because it would be fun to watch some races.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and then ran my finger through my hair, I was wearing a black leather jacket, a white comic tee, and a pair of standard blue jeans.

I added a pair of shades for extra glare, even though it's night.

I waltz out of the room and began heading for the exit. As I headed down the stairs, I noticed that Claudia and Ian were ready and waiting by the door.

"Hey, guys" I walk off the last step and stood before them, "Hey! I didn't see you all day yesterday" Claudia says, she pulls me into her grasp and wrapped her arms around my body.
"Well I wanted to come to see you but you were busy riding something" I whisper.

"You guys ready?", I turn around and saw Cal dressed in an all-black suit with a huge gold Rolex on his wrist. "Why do you always wear a suit? Can't you wear something else for a change" I ask, "Because I look intimidating in one"? "Oh please, the only thing you're scaring is your shadow," I say.

Cal walked over to me and then leaned forward to my height with his eyes darkened. "Wanna bet?" he asked with his head tilted to the side, "Nevermind" I answered. Cal pulled away from my face and looked at the others. "Let's go," he said before walking past me, lightly brushing my shoulder. I follow behind the others and walked to the car. I get into the passenger seat and then closed the door.

Just then, Cal reached over me and grabbed the seatbelt latch, he pulled it across my chest and then fastened it into the buckle. "If I was afraid of dying I would've buckled it myself", "And I don't wanna lose you yet so shut up" Cal retorted.

•••
After a few minutes, the car come to a stop by a field that was modded to look like a race track, it had a few highway lanes above it. We got out of the car and headed for the crowded bleachers. We took a seat and watched the race that was about to begin. Two cars were parked at the starting line, "Okay ladies and gentlemen! you're about to witness the race of a century. Tail Lights versus Mother Nature!" the flag girl announces. Well, at least now we know who's inside the cars. 

The drivers revved their engines as the flag girl stood between them, she raised the flags then shouted: "Go". She brought the flag down then the cars took off, their powerful engines grew loud as they made their way around the course. The car in the first place was wrapped in blue graffiti art while the second-place car was wrapped with a Green vinyl wrap. Unexpectedly the Green car began accelerating at a faster pace, but after a few short seconds, it was in first place.

The green car drifted across the first line with the blue one just an inch behind it. Both cars come to a complete stop, "And Mother Nature takes home the victory!" The flag girl announced. The driver's door of the green car flew open, A tall brunette woman stepped out. She had dark red lipstick and sharp black eyeliner wings. "That's our cue, we'll be back guys," Cal said to the others. They wanted to stay and watch as the other racers lined up.

Cal and I walk down the stairs of the bleachers and made our way to the parked cars, just then a tall blonde guy came out of the car and marched towards mother nature. "I want a rematch!" he shouted, "A deals a deal, Dominic, hand' em over," Mother Nature said. Dominic let out a scoff before pulling out his keys and placing them in Mother Nature's hand. "That wasn't so hard was it sweetheart?", the guy then walks away and disappeared into the crowd of Mother Nature fans.