XIX

I turn away from the sunlight and into Cal's chest, I open my eyes only to see that he was already looking down at me.

"Good morning, handsome," I say, "Good morning, would you care to accompany me somewhere?" Cal asks. "Yeah where?", "To visit my mother in the hospital, I hope it's not too much to ask".

"No it's fine, of course, I'll come with you" I reassure Cal, "Such a good little girl. I'm gonna go take a shower, you care to join me?" Cal asks.

"Why certainly good sir," I say in a foreign accent, Cal gets off the bed and strips the sheet from my body. A cold wave of breeze wash over my body and sent goosebumps down my skin.

"Good thinking douchebag, now I'm gonna get a cold", "I love you too," Cal says before picking me up bridal style from the bed.

After Cal and I took a long steamy shower, I wrap a towel around my body and began combing my hair. I walk out of the bathroom doors but immediately drop the comb as soon as I saw a couple of pairs of eyes on me.

"Yelena?" Cal asks from the bathroom, "Are you okay-" Cal stopped dead in his track when he saw what I saw.

Jay sitting on our bed with 4 men alongside him, "Cal Yevgeny getting caught with his pants down, not a good look for our organization, son".

"Who the hell do you think you are! Breaking into my home?" Cal asks furiously, "Oh please, spare me the lecture on private space. I'm only here to talk about Alistair. He's been off the grid for too long which means, he's planning something big" Jay says.

"You could've told me all this last night, you and your goonies get the hell out of my house Now!" Cal yells, "I'm only here to give you a heads up" Jay and his men walk out the door.

"I think I should come around more often, to see what kind of work you've been doing to the representation that I built for you" Jay suggests. "Oh really? I think the fuck not" Cal says before slamming the door in Jay's face.

"Un-fucking-believable" Cal mutters, "How the hell did he get in here anyway?" I ask. "The guards here still obey his orders, Let's get dressed and see if the others are okay".

I quickly slip on a pair of red underwear and Plants Print Lantern Sleeve Top & Plain Shorts Set, Cal wore a Dark blue tux.

Cal and I rushed down the stairs and saw that everyone was awake and sitting in the living room while watching tv, "Did you guys not see an intruder in the house a couple of seconds ago?" I ask

"Well Good morning to you too," Ian says, "We did but it was only Cal and I's dad and we don't have our weapons so we thought you two could deal with it," Irina says."Still, a heads up would be nice" Cal says.

"I'm going to visit mom, you coming Irina?", "Yeah just let me grab my phone and my purse" Irina slithers out of the couch and hurries up the stairs.

"I'll see you later, Yelena," Claudia says, I hum in response before heading towards the exit. Now I FINALLY have a chance to test out my sweet new ride, I pull the keys to my race car and hit the alarm button.

It goes off for a second but then turns off when I open the door, I sit on the pink leather seat and then place my hands around the steering wheel. Feeling the pattern, texture, and material of the cover.

Soon the door flies open, revealing that Cal was gonna sit in the front and Irina in the back, "You know how to drive this thing?" Irina asks.

"More or less"

She quickly clutches the seatbelt and secures it around her body, I insert the key into the ignition and started the roaring engine. As soon as the noise calmed down a bit, I pull out of the driveway of the safe house and then onto the road.

"I probably shouldn't be the one driving since I don't know where the hell we are", "Don't worry, I'll guide you," Irina says.

After a few minutes and some miscalculated trajectories, I park the car in a lot of the "Fairmount Hospital Center".

We walk into the building and then waited till the receptionist came back, "I'm here to visit Yulia Borislav" Cal says. "Okay wait one minute," the receptionist said while typing away.

I look around the hospital while we waited for further info, just then I see two guys dragging what seems to be Kai Varnava unconscious out of a room, screams were heard promptly.

I wonder why we keep running into these guys?

"Okay she's in room 13 down the hall, please wear these visitor stickers before proceeding" the receptionist handed us the stickers before helping someone else. We walk down to door 13 and saw that the door was already open, Cal peek his head through before entering the room.

Inside laid a beautiful old woman with an IV in her arm and an oxygen mask around her face. Cal pics up a seat and placed it by Yulia's bedside, Irina and I did the same.

Cal took Yulia's hand in his and placed a soft kiss on it, Yulia's eyes flutter open and rested on Cal's face. Yulia expresses a bright smile before shakily raising her other hand and placing it on Cal's cheek, Cal then removes the oxygen mask from Yulia's face.

"My beautiful boy," Yulia says, "Hello mother, Irina is here too" Cal replies. Yulia's eyes scan the room and then rested her gaze on Irina, Yulia lets out a sweet innocent laugh before gesturing for Irina to come closer.

Irina goes to Yulia for her to engulf her in a small hug, "My precious daughter" she says. "How are you feeling mum?" Irina asks, "Like I should've snuck in more weed into this place".

Cal and Irina let out a small giggle, "And who is this beautiful young woman?" Yulia asks. "That's my wife, mum".

I gave Cal a shocked yet confused look before turning back to Yulia, "Oh it's so wonderful that you finally settled down Cal My dear! What about you Irina?"

"My girlfriend couldn't be here, she sends her regards," Irina says, "It's fine dear, I'm just glad that you all are here with me. Cal, could you please be a dear and close the door?" Yulia says.

"I got it" I get up from my stool and quietly close the door before returning to my seat, Yulia sits up in the bed and took a deep breath. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me that you were gonna kill Dion and Tobias!" she yells, "I didn't plan on doing it, not at first and certainly not this soon but they were a threat to Irina and Yelena" Cal explains.

"Well lucky for you, they didn't decide to kill me", "What do you mean mum? who wanted to kill you?" Cal questions. "Alistair's men, he sent two of them here to keep an eye on me all day yesterday, in hopes that you'd visit".

"How'd they even find you?" Cal asks, "I don't know, yesterday I pretended like I was under the effects of the gas. They came into my room and said something about Sweden, I thought I would give you the heads up so I sent your father to get you here" Yulia says. "Thank you mum, for now just worry about your health. We'll deal with this" Cal says.

"Irina stay here for the rest of the day in case those guys decide to come back", "No problem, Cal" Irina responds. Cal takes my hand and leads me out of the room, making sure to close the door behind him.

"So what now? Do you think Alistair's all the way in Sweden?" I ask, "It's the closest lead we've got, I guess we're going to Sweden," Cal says.

"Just great, that'll be at least a 6-hour flight," I say.

Just great.