Chapter Twenty

Ember's POV

It's finally Friday, and it's time to leave. I'm nervous, but I'm also excited and ready for some changes.

Alex didn't mind the fact that Noah is coming with us, he even bought him a ticket. They met each other yesterday, and it surprisingly went well. They get along really good. But now I feel like the third wheel, and I don't like it.

I said my goodbyes to Aria and we all boarded the flight. Alex, Noah and I are all seated together. Alex and Noah are sleeping, of course. They left me all alone. Dumb bitches.

5 Months Later

It's been about five months now of living here in Miami. I love it, I love the view, I love everything about it.

Noah and I still live with Alex. His place is so nice and it's huge, so he didn't mind. Noah and I started dating two months after we got here. We get along and our relationship is pretty healthy.

I get out of my bed and yawn. How am I still tired? I walk to my bathroom and do my routine. Brush my teeth, wash my face, and then comb my hair. I go to my dresser and change into a silky black shirt, along with a white pair of jean shorts.

"Alex!" I call out, wondering if he's up yet. It's nine in the morning, he should be up.

"Noah!" I then say. He should be up too.

I make my way to Alex's room and open his door quietly. I then look directly at his bed which was empty. That's weird. I shake it off and walk to Noah's room, opening the door quietly. His bed is empty as well. This is really weird, I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Noah would never leave without telling me.

I tip toe out of his room, checking all of my surrounding and then I hear someone.

"Boss, she's here." It was so quiet I barely heard. My heart wanted to stop at their words.

I peeked around the wall and saw four men walking around. All of them were dressed in solid black with guns in their hands. Shit. Think, think, think! What do I do?

I could try to make a run for it. It's risky, but I could do it. I look and see it's clear. I quickly run to the door and open it, running out as fast as I could.

"GET HER!" One of the people yelled. Definitely a man.

I ran down the beach, since that's where Alex's house is. You walk out the door and there's the beach. I hope Noah is okay, and Alex.

"HELP!" I screamed, running down the beach. I knew they were behind me, I could feel their presence.

"HELP ME!" I screamed again.

I heard someone behind me and tried to run faster, but I was quickly tackled to the ground. I groaned when the persons body fell on top of me. God damn, that hurt like a bitch. Heavy fuck.

"Shut the fuck up." A man whispered in my ear. I then felt a stinging in my neck. I tried to fight him, but he was so strong. He's at least 6'2, which is almost a foot taller than me. I gasped when I saw the syringe quickly empty.

Everything started to spin, blur, and darken. Before I could stop it, the dark consumed me.

Noah's POV

I can't even believe this is fucking happening right now. This is all his fault. This is happening because of him, Alex.

The fucker didn't bother to tell me that he killed someone, and didn't pay the consequences for it. He ran away from the people, but they finally found his ass.

At like four in the morning, these people dressed in all black along with guns came in Alex's house. They threatened to kill us if we didn't come with them. I didn't want to listen, but I agreed. They probably would kill me, and probably will.

All I really have on my mind is Ember. I need to know if she's okay. A few of them stayed back there when Alex and I were forced out. I will fucking kill them if they hurt my Ember.

I am currently sitting on the fucking floor along with Alex who has a frown on his face. I wanted to punch him, but I didn't because there are two men with guns standing down here.

A few minutes later, two men walk in with guns pointed in our direction.

"Look who we have here." One of them says, with a smirk.

"The man who killed our brother." The other one finished. Oh shit.

They both had a cold glare on there faces, showing no emotion whatsoever. The taller one looked my way and his eyebrows raised.

"Who the fuck is this?"

"He was in the house."

"Why the hell did you bring him? Did he see anything?"

"Well-no. No."

"You idiot! Why didn't you leave him there!?"

"I-uhh. I don't know."

"Fucking idiot!"

"I-I'm sorry boss."

"How do you know this fucker?" The 'boss' questions, pointing at Alex.

"I live with him, I don't know much about him. I swear." I say, fear lacing my voice. I don't usually show emotions, but I'm scared. I need Ember, I can't leave her.

"He's innocent, you dumb fuck. Get the fuck out, I'll deal with you later." The 'boss' says with a deep sigh, as the other man leaves.

"Did you know that this man over here killed my brother? He killed my brother. My only family." The 'boss' says through gritted teeth.

"I-I didn't know that." I admit, feeling tears build in my eyes. I rarely cry, but in this moment I want to cry. The 'boss' nods and turns to Alex.

"You think I would really let you kill my brother...and get away with it? How stupid are you?"

"I'm glad I killed him. He deserved it."

The 'boss' shakes his head and walks to Alex. He grabs the gun from his pocket and whips Alex across the face with it. Alex groans as he does it again, and again, and again, until he's unconscious. The 'boss' walks over to me, and sighs deeply.

"I don't like killing an innocent, but you've seen to much."

"I-please. I swear I won't say anything. I'm begging you." The 'boss' doesn't say anything. He still has the gun pointed to my head. About a minute later, he speaks.

"If you say anything, your dead." He finally says.

"I won't, I swear."

"Get him out of here, take him back." The 'boss' says, and I follow his men who were guiding us out. I quickly turn around and run back down the stairs.

"Wait, do you have my girlfriend?"

"She was in the house, sleeping in her room. She has blonde hair, her eyes are blue, and she's short." He doesn't respond and my heart wants to stop.

"Please- don't kill her. She wont say anything either, I swear we won't. Please, she's all I have. If you kill her, kill me too. I can't live without her." I admit, feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

"Take her back, with him."

I nod and smile grateful, running back up the stairs to his men.

Time to get the love of my life back.

Hi guys! This chapter made me tear up, it made me a bit sad to write. It also made me realize how much I love writing about Noah and Ember. Make sure to comment and vote, I love you all. I hope you guys have an amazing day/night. <3

Tiktok: she.luvs.writing

Word Count: 1296