Chapter 33 - Absence

Fairytale love doesn't actually exist, it's a fact that should be drilled into people's minds who still think that they'd have their prince charming walking up to them and after that they'll have their happily ever after.

Taehyung realized this too, just a little late and this realization dawned on him because of his own decisions.

It's all because of him.

Tears were cascading down his eyes as he held the paper between his fingers, eyes blurred and the words on it could no longer be read by him. His heart ached so much but then it stopped aching and all he was left with is an empty hole that left him numb.

He didn't even have energy to scream away his sadness and his voice had died down in his throat, breath shallow, the skin of his knees feeling the coldness of the tiled floor.

It was expected that Jungkook wouldn't even look at him through his guilt but he didn't expect this at all.

This was the worst.

Tae…

I will probably never be able to forgive myself from what I have done to you, saying sorry doesn't even make sense.

I'm sorry I had to do this, for me, for you, for us… I had to leave to make it all better.

Not forever, I'm not gone forever and if it comforts you, by the time you would read this letter I'd probably be somewhere in Japan.

Just do me a favor, don't try to contact me, I think we both need time, I need time, from everything that's been happening around us and with us.

It's the best idea that we both distance ourselves from each other, heal separately and then when I return we can start it all new. I really don't know how much time I would need to be okay again, to get myself ready to look into your eyes again.

God, this sounds selfish and this is a conversation I should have probably had with you face to face and know what your views are but I just couldn't Tae… it's suffocating to even stay around you without my mind telling me that I'm nothing but an abuser.

So, I decided to be selfish for once. I want to heal Taehyung.

Please don't blame yourself for anything, it's all my fault. It's me Taehyung, not you.

And the time I'm not around and you find love in someone else, don't think about what I would think. If someone else's love finds its way to your heart let it in, don't think about me.

You deserve the love, Taehyung. Perhaps it might be the love I could never give you.

I don't want you to be waiting for me, it's okay if you stop waiting and search for someone else… probably we aren't meant to be together then.

But all I want you to do is hold your head high and don't let anyone guide you into something you don't want to do, you have a dream you need to succeed, our dream.

Take care of yourself, love.

These were the words Jungkook left for him, written on the paper with his handwriting sleek on the paper. The only flaw on the clean sheet was the tear stains it had.

Jungkook cried while writing this letter to him.

It hurt more than before.

The letter wasn't the only thing left behind, it was the book Jungkook told him that they'd read together and his bracelet that he had never seen his alpha take off, left behind atop of the piece of paper.