Chapter 40 - Slumber

The Tale of Selene's Favourite has to be a book that makes Taehyung cry every time he reads it, he couldn't help but sob when the title of the tenth chapter makes his heart squeeze in the most painful way.

10: Losing you, my moon. It read, and Taehyung's eyes instantly blurred.

Taehyung let out a quite loud sob keeping the book aside, knees bending to his chest as he wailed because it reminded him of how Jungkook called him that in the most endearing way.

Throughout the chapter, one could say how the author was wallowing over the loss of his soulmate in the form of soul and Jungkook has actually been through that pain, in the book it's just a year since wolf soul and Matthew the alpha mate of the last male omega before him met.

Jungkook knew Luna for two.

Two years of being together, he wails over the fact that his wolf doesn't remember a single thing, not a single memory, a single exchange of words— it's just blank.

But on the other hand he knew Jungkook must have every memory sealed somewhere in the part of his brain but Taehyung has never gathered the courage to ask for them or even talk about reading this book, it's just something he is not exactly scared of but it makes him feel as if he'd make his alpha sad by reminiscing those memories again.

So, he chose to never ask his alpha about this. If taking these floating questions to his grave is necessary, he will, because either way it's a closed chapter of Jungkook's life and even though the alpha once said that they'd read the book together, Taehyung would never want to witness the sadness firsthand.

The more times he read the book, the pain didn't even subside for even a bit. It feels like a pain in the back of his brain, and heart being poked repeatedly by little knives that makes his chest ache in a horrible way and eyes water down in the emotion of anguish, throat burning with the urge of scream erupting and he still screams but isn't satisfied.

It's difficult not to be so weak over a bunch of printed words when they basically resemble your life.

The first time Taehyung read this book after a week of Jungkook's absence, he found tear stains on almost every page, some words scribbled and an eye drawn over one page in such perfection that it did resemble his own.

Getting back to the book, which has its origin from England, the story itself is written in old English later translated into Korean.

It says Matthew Wilson was a poor lad residing in some low class apartment only working as a waiter in some diner struggling to even get three full meals for the day but he was a literature student, skilled in what he wrote but due to his young age still struggled a lot.

Through the prologue he defined his struggles through his life having lost his parents with a cruise ship sinking to the bottom of the ocean, their bodies never being found, life being extremely rough and the first chapter becomes where he first found the soul reason of his living, the sunshine of his life.

His dear mate, a nine year old boy, named Aaron Burton being son of one of the alpha's professors, of course like every alpha would be, Matthew was confused too, being a nineteen year old himself, he couldn't believe his mate was just nine, a literal kid back then.

More amusing to see was his grown up version dressed in the prettiest way— as Matthew defined— those sapphire eyes stared right into his soul being a soul himself and the blonde hair tousled over his head as if a halo, beautiful his mate was, angelic would be a perfect word.

The way Matthew described it was the peak level of writing and it literally showed how much he was fascinated.

But that's not what made Taehyung smile, it was the scribbled words on the half empty page at the end of the chapter, where Taehyung knew it was Jungkook who must have felt the need to write down his words too.