Chapter 35 - Stubborn

Taehyung looked around at the group of his friends, fiddling with the loose thread from the hoodie he wore, it was silent around in their usually loud group, even Yuk-hei was exceptionally silent, his own eyebrows drawn together creating a crease between them.

There were two of his new friends in the group too, Kim Minhae an alpha and Ito Yuriko a Japanese transfer, omega by rank, sitting with them on the lawn after finally all the lectures had ended.

The silence stretching was making the male omega uncomfortable, the churning in his stomach making him paranoid, everyone being so silent after he explained what he planned to bring Jungkook back wasn't something he exactly expected- he didn't know what he reaction he would have preferred but it surely wasn't the muteness he would want.

It was making him anxious.

"Can we please collectively accept that that's a shit plan?" Yuk-hei finally said out, "like what the actual fuck? It sounds really immature, to be absolutely honest, and what are the chances that Jungkook hyung would interfere when Taehyung is with someone else? He wants that to happen! It's like pushing him more off the cliff and then he'd finally trip down." He desperately looked around at everyone

"I agree with Yuk-hei." Yuriko affirmed, her accent was a bit different with a tone that sounded like she spoke through the breath of her nose.

Hye-jin sighed, "I really don't know, we haven't known hyung for that long but he really seems like such a good man, if you wanna do it, then continue but I wouldn't provide any help, it's physically and mentally impossible for me to even help in hurting an alpha like him- I respect him a lot." She explained, smiling at Yuk-hei when the beta patted her head.

"So do I, it's no secret from none of you," Minhae piped in, "like, that man is literally my role model, I fucking look up to him as if he is some God. His success, decency, how down to earth and respectful of a person he is... I wouldn't even be able to look into his eyes without puking out the truth even if I sense a little of his discomfort."

"Tone down that fanboy in you." Yuk-hei chuckled, looking at Taehyung who had his head lowered, "Tae," he called out, seeing the omega look up at him, "I think you should have a talk with him, sometimes a talk can solve everything bro, he is reluctant but a little force is better than eternal of loneliness."

"How can I when he doesn't want to?!" Taehyung sniffled. "I fucking know he isn't in Japan, I'm not a dumbfuck, I know he is somewhere close but I don't know where, I once followed my instincts but it led to nothing but a locked door and that leads to the staircase of the basement. I even visited the neighbouring buildings but found nothing." He took a deep breath, biting down on his bottom lip. "I just know he is somewhere, but I don't know where, and that hurts."

"Wait, you know?! Why didn't you ever tell us then?" Mina gasped.

"Because I didn't really know... I feel he is around but not once I got a whiff of his scent, because probably wherever he is he definitely doesn't leave that room so his scent just doesn't waft around." Taehyung helplessly whimpered, he was embarrassed about how loud and confidently he spoke out his words even when he wasn't sure.

Felix sighed through his nose. "Are you even sure? What if it's just something like a mirage?" Questions were immediately shot in his direction and Taehyung had no better answer than saying that he trusts his instincts.

Everyone had their eyes wide as they stared at Taehyung, it was guilt sitting in everyone's heart when they witnessed the sight of Taehyung breaking down, his cries were silent- it's the silent cries that hurt the most- figure shaking with his attempt to keep his wails in.

"It positively just a play of mind Taehyung-ie, your longing for your mate makes your instincts go crazy." Minhyuk indulged in the conversation after being silent for all the while, either way he isn't good at comforting so he left it off to others.