9

Haseul was the first person to greet her. She was nervous and was currently palpitating. Jungeun was about to ask her if it was the coffee but it was as if the older knew what she was going to ask and immediately shook her head no.

She, Haseul, Yeji and Karina were sitting outside the office and waiting for Mrs. Ragsdill to come there. She called the four of them early in the morning and asked them to go directly to their own branch instead of the other one which to Jungeun was a little bit worrisome but she still went there.

Jinsoul drove her there and planted a gentle peck on her cheek before driving away towards another direction for work.

"You're so nervous, Haseul. Loosen up." The cat-eyed said towards her best friend in a tone that definitely was filled up with concern. "Is everything okay, Haseul?" Karina chimed in and they all waited for a response to come out from the eldest.

"Well, I was just thinking that something bad is going to happen since they don't usually call us like this just to tell an announcement that's going to make us smile, right? We have been in this field for years and when it comes to sudden meetings, you just know that shit is about to go down." She said or more like mumbled to herself between gulps but luckily everyone heard it just fine.

As a friend, Jungeun did what she would usually do with Haseul when she gets all nervous and anxious. She patted her back soothingly and said, "Maybe they just want to check in on us." Whispers followed her words and soon they all wished that it was just that. Nothing more.

Once Haseul started to let go of her thoughts that caused her severe anxiety, she and Yeji ended up getting lost in their own world after trying to start a conversation with everyone. Karina and Jungeun didn't mind them talking to each other and forget that they were there too because they did what they were doing as well. Getting lost in their own worlds.

"How are you and Minjeong?" She could say it was a bit rude to just ask her about it especially it was a sensitive topic but curiosity got the best of her tongue and when that happens, you'll get to blurt out topics that you aren't even supposed to talk about.

Karina fixated her sight on the plant that was in front of her and hung her head up to look at Jungeun who was sweating and in her head, she was mentally questioning herself why she just asked that question.

"We ended things for good. She deserves to be happy and I deserve to be treated the way I should be." She stated and beamed at Jungeun. The blonde mirrored it back just perfectly. "It's good that you two finally learned to let go."

Karina nodded at her words and smiled. "She's the one I've always wanted to be with but it turns out that even if you've begged the universe to let that person stay, they really won't stay if they don't want to." She chuckled bitterly, "But I'm glad I met her. She made me realize things."

"You're a strong person, Karina." Jungeun says to her while she stares at her with admiration. "You're just as strong as me." Karina replied and closed the gap between them.

If anyone had told Jungeun that in a few years she and Karina would hug each other and talk about exes, she would've laughed it off and would call it hoax but it is happening now. She and Karina hugging each other. Clearly being friends, more than just acquaintances.

A cough or two were heard and Karina laughed at the act. "Stop being dramatic you two. You look like lovers that just reunited. It's gross!" Yeji stated and all of them erupted into a loud laughter.

"Don't listen to her, she just wants to join the both of you. No one ever hugged her because she smells bad." Haseul chimed in. She and Yeji started to fight like they were two little kids fighting for their mother's attention.