14

If there was anything that Hyejoo despised, it would be loud crowds and people obnoxiously laughing at some died down humor. Hyejoo despised the fact that people were always trying so hard to get attention on themselves when people gather around, a reason she never went to parties.

Growing up, Hyejoo has always been invited to go out on events like birthdays and she always declined them. She never experienced a party in her whole existence and she thought she'd like to live it that way not until Park Chaewon used her eyes to persuade her into coming.

Today was Chaewon's birthday and as Hyejoo stares at herself in front of the mirror, she tried her best to smile. She's been doing this for almost half an hour already and it seems like she's not really getting the hang of it.

She tried to curve her lips into a smile once again and it's the best one she's got so far. It doesn't look genuine but it's the prettiest smile she has ever shown herself.

A smile that only appeared when it's about Park Chaewon.

Hyejoo decided she was done being self-conscious, fixed her blue dress with flowers on it and grabbed the bouquet she bought for Chaewon hours ago. It's still as pretty as ever.

She drove her way there using Sooyoung's car since Sooyoung told her to use it once she goes there because she'll be coming with Jinsoul, Jungeun and of course, Jiwoo.

Probably the other reason that Hyejoo decided to go to Chaewon's party is that her friends were also invited. Hyejoo wasn't even aware that Chaewon and Jungeun knew each other. None of them were aware how small their worlds are.

Along with Sooyoung, Jinsoul, Jungeun and Jiwoo, Yerim and Yeojin are also invited. Also, Karina, Yeji, and Haseul. She's familiar with all of them except Karina, Yeji and Haseul but she's fine with it. Atleast, she has someone there to talk with.

Chaewon's house was a lot farther from hers so it took her a couple of minutes before she got there. Thank god, the traffic wasn't really heavy.

Chaewon and Hyejoo's first meeting didn't go that well. Hyejoo lost to her and Chaewon teased her about it that's why she was so filled up with rage that she hated Chaewon for a couple of days, even ranted to Sooyoung and Jinsoul.

Hyejoo could remember how Chaewon reacted when she saw her enter the room and everything dulled down for Hyejoo but that changed after she had to ask Chaewon to help her with her homework so she wouldn't fail college.

Ever since that day, they've been friends. They would always hangout when they get the chance and Chaewon didn't mind spending almost every hour of the day with Hyejoo and so did Hyejoo.

"Punk." She greeted her and Chaewon ran to hug her. "You came!" Hyejoo nodded and pulled away from the hug. She gave her the bouquet, "Happy Birthday, Park Chaewon."

"Thank you, Son Hyejoo."

She kissed her on the cheeks and told her she still had to go and entertain the other guests. Before Hyejoo could even reply, Chaewon was already lost in the crowd of people. And before Hyejoo could even see the smile on her face as she received the bouquet, she was pulled away by someone.

"You should have seen how in love you were," Jinsoul teased and Sooyoung snickered as they walked Hyejoo towards their table filled with familiar faces and a few unfamiliar ones. Hyejoo saw a cat eyed lady smile at her and she smiled back at her.

"She went to her birthday and even bought her a bouquet. That's nothing Hyejoo would really do, right?" Sooyoung teased as well and Hyejoo glared at both of them. "Idiots."

They reached the table and the unfamiliar faces whom Hyejoo laid her eyes on was introduced to her. The other taller purplehead was named Karina Yoo, the cat eyed woman with a lovely smile was named Hwang Yeji, and the woman with bangs and a motherly attitude was named Jo Haseul.