29

The season of Spring has sprung around the city and it made everyone feel a bit ecstatic for it is yet another season to be filled with memories with their loved ones. That was what they planned on doing, to enjoy the Spring season because it's oftenly a rare sight for people to enjoy something without remembering their agonies in life.

As for Jungeun, it was hard to enjoy Spring. During her last few days in the hospital, she didn't feel anything but her heart being heavy. She felt like every living air in her was sucked out. There was so much tragedy in her soul but  she couldn't tell anyone how much she was hurting because she didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. But she had questions, a lot of them and even if she'd ask it out loud, she knew that none of them would have an answer.

When she fully acknowledged that no one could give an answer to her silly little questions, she answered it herself, just for a peace of mind. With every answer she spoke, the harder it was to breathe freely.

Maybe the only reason why a her friends with her during her entire stage of coma is because she found comfort in them even if she couldn't think in a conscious demeanor. There was more to them than what her dreams or nightmare or illusion has shown her. They were much more than that.

She figured out that maybe that's why Minjeong and her mom, Moonbyul didn't show up because the day before her airplane crashed, they had a little fight. Of course, she could be wrong but for now, these reasons seemed right to her.

After she was discharged from the hospital, Jungeun had a hard time adjusting with everyone because all she could see was a glimpse of Jinsoul. A glimpse of what they had in her dreams. A heartbreaking glimpse and Karina was there to save her from her drowning heartaches.

It was funny to think that it was Karina who saved her in that state and in real life, it was also Karina who sacrificed her life just to save Jungeun from the ongoing airplane crash. The accident wasn't a vivid memory to Jungeun but she hated how much she remembered the way Karina pleaded for her to just leave her there.

Jungeun found it thoughtful how her mom and friends were gentle with her. They didn't force her into being the same Kim Jungeun that she was back then, they didn't do anything to trigger her memories from the accident. She found it thoughtful how Yerim and Yeojin would enthusiastically tell her how much New York has changed and that it would be nice for all three of them to take a walk around.

She found it thoughtful how her mom would always cook her favorite dishes for her whilst constantly checking on how she has been doing. She found it thoughtful how her mom never left her side even if she bursted into hysterics each time she remembered what had occured in her 6 month coma.

She found it thoughtful how Yeji and Haseul and Minjeong told her that despite of her being gone for a long while, nothing much changed in their workplaces. As it turns out, they didn't work at a New York Times branch and just worked in a big company. Karina also worked with them.

She found it thoughtful how Chaewon and Hyejoo would bring her flowers whenever they visit her and would also invite her to play arcade with them. Although it felt really awkward at first, Jungeun found herself slowly starting to enjoy the hobbies she would usually do with people she loved.

She found it thoughtful how Jiwoo and Sooyoung always volunteered to take care of her whenever no one was available. What she had gone through in her sleep, in that silly little nightmare and illusion of her was so much different from the life she had with her friends.

But still, the thought of happiness that engulfed Jungeun would oftenly overwhelm her because she was new to being happy. When she was in a coma, the only emotion she felt was anguish. Her heart was heavy. And it still is. Maybe it just won't change anymore.