28

And then she broke into a cold sweat, waking up in a mess whilst she slowly started to hyperventilate, her vision getting a bit blurry at the same time her eyes were getting tear-stained.

Finally, she was awake.

Through her blurred vision, she could picture out the panic in everyone. "Jungeun, you're finally awake!" That familiar voice, it belonged to Haseul. She couldn't be wrong. "Haseul?" She called out, her tone a bit muffled but it was enough for her friend to hear it.

"Yes, it's me! Thank god you're awake!" Rubbing her eyes, Jungeun could clearly see it was Haseul. But how? How was she here? Why was she here? Wasn't she supposed to land in London hours ago? "I thought you were in jail."

Jungeun saw how Haseul's eyebrows raised and when she was about to say something, another familiar voice interrupted their little conversation. "Oh my god, Jungeun! You're awake!" She couldn't be wrong, that voice belonged to Minjeong.

What on earth was happening?

She stayed silent whilst she watched how Minjeong's face dulled as she and Haseul spoke to each other. Forcing a smile on her face, Minjeong looked at Jungeun. "Are you alright?" Jungeun could still see that her hair was blonde but it wasn't long anymore.

"What is happening?" Jungeun mumbles, her eyes roaming around the place. She was in the hospital, why was she in the hospital? Jungeun blinked a few times at Minjeong and Haseul who were sharing a few glances at each other.

Before one of them could speak, Jungeun spoke once again, "Where's Jinsoul?" Squinting hard, Jungeun tried to remember what happened before everything turned pitch black for her. She was already in the airplane and then there was a loud crash.

Haseul sat on the edge of the bed and held her hands, "Jungeun, who is Jinsoul?"

The question sent chills down Jungeun's spine. This wasn't a good joke. "Jinsoul from the other branch." Jungeun mumbled quietly. "We went to work with her remember? Just a few years ago, right?" Whilst saying that, Minjeong looked terrified.

"Years ago? Jungeun, you've been in a coma for six months."

Wide-eyed, Jungeun bursted into hysterics as she told them everything. From the moment she and Jinsoul met to the moment she bid Jinsoul goodbye. She told them everything that had happened including the fact that it was all real. She even told them she dyed her hair pink yet judging the horror that both of their faces showed, Jungeun wanted to cry.

Hastily grabbing the mirror, Jungeun looked at herself and to her disappointment, her hair was blonde. Like it used to be. It was blonde. "No, no! What do you mean everything's not real? I even have a flower shop with Karina and she died. She died." Jungeun mumbled breathlessly.

Not being fully aware of what was happening around her anymore, Jungeun flinched when she felt a hand sooth her back. As she turned to see who it was, it was Son Hyejoo, her hair Black. "Unnie, your airplane crashed six months ago. You've been in a coma for a long time now. Your mom is worried about you."

Another voice chimed in, "And Jungeun, Karina didn't have a relationship with you. She died after your plane crashed. According to news reports, 8 people died. One of them was Karina." Jungeun was sure as hell that it was Sooyoung.

Turning her back to look at the gathered group of friends, she met familiar gazes along with their known presence to her. There was Minjeong, Haseul, Yeji, Hyejoo, Sooyoung, Yerim, Yeojin, Jiwoo and Chaewon. Everyone was there except Wonyoung, Jinsoul and Karina.

"But I don't have a mom." Her heart sank. All her life, she knew she was alone. "I also don't have Pink hair and I'm supposed to fly away from Jinsoul... how... what's happening?" She started to sob once again and all of them stared at her with sympathy.

Jiwoo tried to calm her down. "If what your saying is true then where is the other branch located, Jungeun?"

In that moment, Jungeun tried to think hard to remember where was the other branch. "She didn't tell me. She never told me but she's real, Jiwoo! I can prove it to you!" Jungeun protested. "Jinsoul is real! So is the flower shop! So is everything that happened!"

"Jungeun, you need to rest." A stern voice greeted all of them, making Jungeun tense. That voice, has she heard that voice before? Before she could even ponder about it more, a kiss on the forehead landed. "I'm Moonbyul, do you remember me?"

Jungeun firmly shook her head no and she saw how her eyes started to form tears. "I'm your mom, Jungeun-ah." In an instant, Jungeun grabbed her waist and pulled her in a hug. Even if Jungeun couldn't remember who she was, she felt the motherly love rushing in. "Mom, what's happening?"

Jungeun didn't witness how Moonbyul's eyes sparkled with happiness after hearing her daughter's words. "Jungeun, you were supposed to fly to Amsterdam six months ago because your biological mother and father wanted to see you."

Her voice drowning in uncontrollable sobs, Jungeun asks her, "Biological? Am I adopted?" The blonde felt a light nod against her body and that's when every little thing about her life flooded her senses.

And it was also the moment she realized none of what happened was real.

Nothing was real. Jinsoul never existed, Karina and her never had a flower shop neither did she even meet a certain Jang Wonyoung who was a lovely young receptionist at the flower shop that she couldn't even remember its name.

Everything wasn't real.

Jungeun started feeling dizzy and held onto her mom's figure for support, "I want to rest." Restless and feeling quite senseless, Jungeun spoke and her mother nodded. Her hands motioning everyone to step out of the room. When everyone was already out of sight, Moonbyul planted one more kiss on Jungeun's resting body before walking away and turning off her lights and at the same time closing her door to give her some privacy.

Under the sheets was a crying Kim Jungeun. She felt so loved in that state of coma that if she ever did have a choice then she wouldn't have woken up right?

If she didn't care about Jinsoul that much anymorethen why did it hurt knowing that she wasn't real? That she never existed? Karina died and still, it was much more painful than all the aching combined but atleast she knew that Karina existed.

Jinsoul on the other hand was viewed by her mom and friends as a product of hallucination, a product of comfort that she has made for herself for all the times she laid down on her bed, unconscious.

To them, Jinsoul never existed but to Jungeun, every moment with Jinsoul felt real and so did with Karina and Wonyoung. Everything felt so real to her only to prove her wrong once she wakes up.

It was a rollercoaster of emotions that brought her hell. An aching hell she doesn't know how to get rid off because every moment she has shared with them was imprinted on her mind, especially Jung Jinsoul's.