26

Dazzling stars that lit brightly under dark skies managed to bring comfort in everyone outside of their houses. The night was illuminated brightly for all of them and they couldn't even bother to go back to their respective beds without even glancing at it for one last time.

Arctic breeze enveloped on their skins, giving them hugs that also brought serenity to each and one of the standing figures around the neighborhood whose heads are looking at the sky, fully admiring with how showstopping it looked like. Tonight was one of those nights where everyone just breathlessly admires the dark skies that shone upon them.

A certain pink haired has never experienced anything like this. She's been in this neighborhood for nearly three years now but she has never quite had any interactions with anyone who lives closely to her, probably because she's too busy working at a flower shop while also making dresses for special clients. When she wasn't doing any work, she would spend time with Karina or her friends but everything's changed, hasn't it?

Jungeun was left all alone in this humble abode that she and Karina rented almost three years ago. This was the house that caught both of their attention and when they agreed on staying here, just with each other. It truly felt like home, a home she wouldn't want to leave anymore.

This house holds a lot of memories for both Jungeun and Karina, they have shared their weakest moments and blissful memories in each corner of this house. Even though it's not as extravagant as what they both had dreamed of, it was perfectly fine for the two of them. When they have each other, it felt that everything was aligned.

Yet right now, as Jungeun's eyes gallivanted from one place to another, from her neighbor's smiling faces to the moon, she felt that something was missing. Something wasn't right and not wanting to admit it, Jungeun only sighed.

Misery has drowned her deeply and even if Jungeun found tranquility in its beautiful embrace over her, she didn't want to continue on living like this. She had to go back to where she stopped before everything was lost into darkness when her lover was taken away.

It truly felt euphoric for Jungeun to just wake up and cry for the whole day, not even bothering to stand up to even take care of herself but she knew that Karina wouldn't want her to be in this abhorrent state of anguish. Jungeun truly wanted to move out of this state, she just wanted to finally be able to smile once again without tears pooling down her eyes just by hearing Karina's name or even by just remembering the times they have shared.

A sigh escaped past Jungeun's lips that formed a thin line on her face as she savored the taste of warm coffee in her mouth. Since it was a bit cold outside, she thought that a warm mug of coffee might help her warm up. Although Jungeun is fully aware that she might have a hard time sleeping later, that didn't really stop her from making coffee as company for the night.

"The stars are so beautiful," she mumbled inde her breath while looking at the stars like she was a kid who wanted to catch a glimpse of it. "I wonder if she's one of these stars, looking at everyone while mercilessly laughing at my face for looking so horrible." Trailing off with a laugh, Jungeun smiled as she thought about it. Somehow the thought of Karina just being around her made Jungeun feel much better than knowing that Karina's not here anymore.

After all, Karina once lived with all of them, didn't she? A part of her will always be buried deep down in them and that's the part where Jungeun didn't want to completely forget. She wanted to remember Karina even if it managed to break her heart each time.

During the first days of mourning for her, Jungeun didn't want a single thought about the purplehead to even cross her head because it shattered her entirely and she couldn't take the pain about it anymore. She just wanted it to go away, she didn't want to suffer anymore just by thinking about Karina but it changed when she saw Minjeong lurking around Karina's tombstone on the day she visited her.