Epilogue

If one thing had been different,
would everything be different today?

A perfect sense of chaos flooded everyone as they laughed at Yeojin for messing up her dance with Yerim. Wedding ceremony has been over and of course as a traditional way to wrap things up, everyone gathered around the reception, admiring the newlyweds.

Smiles plastered on everyone's faces made Jungeun realize that even though she's been in a coma for months, nothing really did change except that everyone in her circle of friends has been going out on dates. Another schedule wedding would be Sooyoung and Jiwoo's. When everyone heard the news, they were surely blissful to know that finally, Sooyoung has the balls to ask Jiwoo for marriage.

Chaewon and Hyejoo has also been doing good so far. They've been more transparent with each other recently and that's what matters in a relationship, transparency and communication. Of course, Jungeun didn't have any idea as to how everyone just started dating but they just did.

That's what Jungeun realized — it's okay not to come up with any explanation. It just happened. It is what it is and who is she to change how things happened? She's just Kim Jungeun.

Feeling a slight nudge, Jungeun turned to look at Minjeong, "Why?" The blonde with short hair then points her lips at someone. There's also news about her! She's been going out with someone but Jungeun just don't know who it is but she's happy for her. To sum it all up, Jungeun is the only one who remains single.

Looking over to where Minjeong's lips were pointed at, Jungeun saw a certain blue haired woman who was smiling at her. In a rather awkward demeanor. Jungeun mentally slapped herself for leaving Jindori alone and bid goodbye to her friends. Whilst Jungeun walked towards Jindori, her friends shared weird glances, as if telling each other that the blonde and Jindori had something special.

Maybe they did because the whole time Jindori was around the wedding, even if Jungeun didn't talk that much to her since she didn't want to make noise that might attract anyone's attention, Jindori still managed to find comfort in Jungeun's presence and so far, it was enough to make her stay and not leave the reception.

Not even bothering to think twice about it, Jungeun threw her arms around Jindori and pulled her into a hug. "Thanks for coming." Choking on her drink, Jindori struggled to like respond and when Jungeun realized that, the blonde quickly pulled away and apologized.

Jindori immediately reassured her that it was okay. Feeling better, Jindori beamed at Jungeun. "Don't need to thank me, I came here because I thought Jinsoul would love me to accompany you." The blonde playfully slapped her.

Growing up, Jungeun has been someone to always spill something accidentally, may it be words or liquids or anything and that's why Jindori knew about everything that had occured to Jungeun while she was sleeping and that is also why Jindori uses it to tease Jungeun.

In a short span of 3 days, the two of them got close with each other. Jungeun could still remember how Jindori was in so much horror after hearing every detail of Jungeun's story. And Jungeun, she felt judged. She felt like she would get ridiculed at any moment with her story but gladly, Jindori didn't say anything to hurt her feelings. Instead she told her that Jinsoul would've loved to hear Jungeun's story.

It was thoughtful for her to do so.

The two of them had their own little world when they were together. Jindori would always tease Jungeun and Jungeun would constantly glare and roll her eyes at her. It was like a routine for them, a habit. "Jungeun," Jindori calls out and the blonde replies with a hum, "Do you think I'll get married like your friends?"

"Yeah. Married to me." Jungeun joked.

"I would love to be married to you."

Jungeun flushed red. "Not a good joke, idiot!" She awkwardly laughed but completely stopped when she saw the serious look on Jindori's face. "Are you serious?"

"Kind of." replied Jinsoul who avoided Jungeun's gaze because she felt like she was burning in it. "You're impulsive. We just met days ago and now you're saying you would love to marry me?" In disbelief, Jungeun asks.

"I can't help it. I'm a lesbian." Jindori muttered to herself but Jungeun's ears caught it. She laughed, a little too hard that she had to hold her stomach for support. "Stop laughing at me, Jungeun."

Hearing her pleads, Jungeun calmed down and only grinned. "Maybe you don't really want to marry me. You just like the idea of seeing yourself marry me sometime in the future." The blonde reasoned out. "You're just confused."

As she spoke those words out, she noticed how Jindori gradually dulled out and had her eyes fixated on the newlyweds, forcing herself not to cry. She was serious about it. Jungeun sighed. "I just can't see why you suddenly wanted to marry me when we just met three days ago."

"We have a lot of time in the world. I can get to slowly know you, Jungeun." Still avoiding the blonde's gaze, she didn't turn her head to look at Jungeun who was silent. "I'm afraid I might only see the image I have portrayed Jinsoul in you."

Jindori sighed, "Jungeun, you idiot. Is the message not clear? I like you. And I don't care if we just met days ago. I like you and I don't think it'll change." Clearing her throat, Jindori spoke once again, "I know this is sudden for you but I just can't help it. Not when you're TOO pretty, not when you're too funny, not when you're too mesmerizing. And I would love to spend time with you in order for you to realize that the Jinsoul you have seen in your dreams is different from me."

Breathlessly saying that to Jungeun, she finally had the courage to look at her and was fazed when she saw how Jungeun's hazel eyes started to tear up. "Do you mean that, Jindori?" With a subtle nod, the blue haired replied with a yes. Not saying anything more, Jungeun rested her head in Jindori's shoulder, her eyes roaming around her mom and friend's happy faces.

"It's not going to be easy to be with me. You do know that, right?"

"Is that a challenge?" Jindori asks.

"I just want you to be prepared. I don't want us to end up like how Jinsoul and I ended in my dreams. I hated that ending." Hearing a light chuckle escape from Jindori's lips, Jungeun found herself smiling.

None of them spoke anymore as they just held lovely gazes at everyone and to each other from time to time as they felt their hearts slowly uniting with each other.

Heartaches still coated Jungeun's wounded heart but now that she had Jindori with her, she doesn't think it'll be that hard anymore. Because as Jungeun steals one glance at Jindori, she finally felt home in her arms.Just like how she felt with Jinsoul. Maybe, just maybe, maybe Jindori was the one truly meant for her.

Hopefully she was because she didn't want to end this feeling. The feeling of finally being at home. And in that moment, that's when Jungeun realized that maybe she also did like Jindori back.

"Hey, is it okay for you to have a hysterical wife in the future?" Breaking the silence, Jungeun jokingly asks. "Yeah. I'm good with that. As long as I have you around, I'm good with anything."

"Cheesy."

"I like you, Kim Jungeun."

"I think I like you too, Jung Jindori."

During the entire time spent on the reception, both of them were in their own worlds. Jungeun was wrapped up around Jindori's embrace and things felt right. Finally, it did. Finally, she was home.

END.