Photographs?

Harry and Draco lead Ron and Hermione into Transfiguration and sit in their usual seats, James sending them a wink as the rest of the class walk in "Of course we're with Slytherin." Ron groans as he sees Nott, Crabbe and Goyle. Once everyone is in James walks in front of his desk and leans on it "Morning everyone. I've looked over what you learnt last year along with what everyone's end of year exam results. Now, does anyone have any questions before I begin todays lesson?" he asks. Nearly everyone puts their hands up, Harry, Draco, Ron and Hermione being the only ones with their hands down. Lily walks in from the office and sighs "Any questions about what you'll be learning this year?" she reiterates. Everyone puts their hands down making James and Lily nod "Okay, first lesson of the year, turning beetles into buttons. Everyone come and collect a beetle from this box, the instructions are on the board." James tells the class. He points his wand at the board and it flips over to show the instructions as everyone stands to collect a beetle from the box. Harry places his beetle on the table and points his wand at it, struggling to keep the beetle still so he can try the spell. Hermione does it first try and shows Lily as she walks past "Well done Hermione, five points to Gryffindor." Lily tells her, Hermione smiling and slightly blushing at the praise. "Wouldn't of given us points if we'd done it." Nott tells Crabbe and Goyle rather loudly.

Lily and James pretend not to hear him as they start helping people who are struggling "Here, try holding your wand like this instead." James tells Daphne Greengrass, a second year Slytherin. Daphne tries the different hold and transfigured her beetle "Well done Miss Greengrass. Take five points for Slytherin." James praises. "Thank you Professor." Daphne smiles. Harry and Draco smile at each other, knowing James is trying to prove he isn't prejudiced towards or favouring any houses. Lily notices Ron's struggle and heads over "What happened to your wand?" she asks. "I trip on the train and managed to snap it." Ron responds miserably. "I'll write to your mother about getting you a new one." Lily tells him "Maybe this weekend before you try transforming." she adds quieter. "Thank you." Ron nods gratefully. Harry groans and grabs his beetle for the sixth time as it tries to run away again "Here Harry, try this beetle instead. This one isn't as skittish." James tells his son, swapping out the beetle. Harry nods and tries the spell, getting it right but the button keeping the beetle's pattern "Well done, next time try moving your wand less." James tells him making Harry nod. By the end of the lesson Hermione hand transfigured enough beetles to make buttons for a whole jacket, Draco had transfigured about three, Harry two with one still having the beetle's pattern, and Ron hadn't managed to do any because of his wand being broken.

After eating lunch the four friends head outside to the courtyard, Hermione sitting down on one of the steps with Voyages with Vampires in her lap and the three boys talking about Quidditch. After a minute Harry looks up after getting the feeling of being watched, as he does he sees a small mousy-haired boy staring at him with a muggle camera in his hands. The moment Harry spots his he goes bright red "All right, Harry? I'm-I'm Colin Creevey, I'm in Gryffindor, too. D'you think - would it be all right if - can I have a picture?" he asks, raising the camera hopefully. "A picture?" Harry repeats. "So I can prove I've met you, I know all about you. Everyone's told me. About how you survived when You Know Who tried to kill you and how he disappeared and everything and how you've still got a lightning scar on your forehead and a boy in my dormitory said if I develop the film in the right potion, the pictures'll move. It's amazing here, isn't it? I never knew all the odd stuff I could do was magic till I got the letter from Hogwarts. My dad's a milkman, he couldn't believe it either. So I'm taking loads of pictures to send home to him. And it'd be really good if I had one of you maybe your friend could take it and I could stand next to you? And then, could you sign it?" Colin asks, taking very few breathes.

Draco bites his lip in amusement as Ron turns away so no one sees him struggling not to laugh "Signed photos? You're giving out signed photos, Potter?" Nott asks loudly, walking over with Crabbe and Goyle "Everyone line up! Harry Potter's giving out signed photos!" Nott shouts making half the courtyard turn to see what's happening. "No, I'm not. Shut up, Nott." Harry retorts angrily. "You're just jealous." Colin pipes up. "Jealous? Of what? I don't want a foul scar right across my head, thanks. I don't think getting your head cut open makes you that special, myself." Nott responds. "Eat slugs, Nott." Ron glares, Crabbe cracking his knuckles angrily. "Be careful, Weasley. Might get into more trouble with your mother. Weasley would like a signed photo, Potter, It'd be worth more than his family's whole house." Nott sneers. Ron whips out his sellotaped wand but is stopped as Hermione shuts Voyages with Vampires grabs his arm, lowering his wand "Look out!" she tells him. Looking over they see Lockhart walking over in his turquoise robes "What's all this, what's all this? Who's giving out signed photos?" he asks. Harry goes to speak but is cut short as Lockhart flings an arm round his shoulders "Shouldn't have asked! We meet again, Harry! Come on then, Mr. Creevey. A double portrait, can't do better than that, and we'll both sign it for you." he grins. Colin fumbles with his camera and takes a picture as the bell rings, signaling the start of afternoon classes "Off you go, move along there." Lockhart tells everyone.

Draco grabs Harry's hand and tries to pull him away but is stopped as Lockhart begins to speak to Harry again "A word to the wise, Harry. I covered up for you back there with young Creevey, if he was photographing me too your schoolmates won't think you're setting yourself up so much. Let me just say that handing out signed pictures at this stage of your career isn't sensible, looks a tad bigheaded, Harry, to be frank. There may well come a time when, like me, you'll need to keep a stack handy wherever you go, but I don't think you're quite there yet." the 'Professor' says as he pulls Harry along to his classroom. Harry is let go making him pull his robes straight before heading to a seat at the back of the classroom, Draco, Ron and Hermione joining him as he straightens his books out "You could've fried an egg on your face. You'd better hope Creevey doesn't meet anyone else obsessed with you, or they'll be starting a Harry Potter fan club." Ron laughs. "Shut up, the last thing I need is for Lockhart to hear the phrase 'Harry Potter fan club'." Harry glares. Draco takes his hand and kisses the back of it, making him calm slightly and lean into his soulmate.