2; cuddles

after the five of them finished eating, they all parted ways. soobin, taehyun and hueningkai went to their shared apartment, and yeonjun and beomgyu went back to their own houses.

the walk back home was quiet, but it wasn't an awkward silence as per say. yeonjun was humming to a random tune that was stuck in his head, and beomgyu just listened to the older's honey-like vocals.

"hey gyu." the older asks, after a moment of comfortable silence between them.

"yes?" the younger replies, staring into the older's fox-like eyes.

"you okay? you seemed pretty out of it when we were eating dinner just now."

beomgyu stayed quiet, looking at the floor and he continued walking. he hears yeonjun walking behind him to catch up, and it wasn't long before the older opened his mouth to say something again.

"sorry! i didn't mean to pry or anything like that. i'm just worried you know?" yeonjun mumbles, shoving both of his hands in his pockets, pouting at the younger fondly.

"i'm fine hyung." beomgyu reassures, linking his arm around yeonjun's. yeonjun nods and ruffles the younger's hair as an attempt to make him happier.

"sleepover at my place?" yeonjun asks when they finally reach their apartment. the night sky was shimmering with stars, and beomgyu couldn't help but notice how yeonjun's eyes shone equally as brightly as those stars.

he was simply breathtaking.

"y..yeah." the younger stammers out, flashing the older another small smile and the older cheers, leaping onto the younger and the two of them crashed into yeonjun's apartment.

——————————————————————————

beomgyu puts on his baggy pyjamas that were neatly tucked in a corner of yeonjun's room. they are a permanent resident at the older's room, and yeonjun would make sure that it was always folded neatly and no one misplaced them.

it wasn't long before the two of them flopped on the bed together, arms wrapped around each other. it was funny, since yeonjun's bed could barely fit himself and now two giants are going to be sleeping on the small bed.

"i thought you changed your bed."

"i was going to! it's just that i have the budget of a broke high schooler right now and my parents don't want to pay for my new bed."

"remember when i was 15 and you were 13? we fit perfectly in this bed."

"well no shit. we were shorter."

"let me reminisce in peace."

beomgyu laughs at that, and yeonjun stares at the younger fondly. the sound of beomgyu's soothing laugh made yeonjun feel different. he felt warm, and it tickled the right spot in his brain.

"why are you looking at me like that you creep." beomgyu commented, his smile never leaving his face. yeonjun doesn't reply immediately, but instead smiles warmly at the younger.

"you're handsome."

beomgyu stops smiling and his eyes slowly loses its glow. yeonjun's smile also drops, and worry starts to fill his face.

"did i say something wrong?"

"n..no. sorry hyung."

"why are you apologising?"

beomgyu keeps quiet, not knowing what to say. he feels yeonjun shuffle to turn and face him fully, so he looks at the older.

"why do you care?"

he meant that as a lighthearted joke, but yeonjun didn't see it that way.

"what do you mean 'why do i care'? i don't even know if you are okay because you don't even tell me anything."

beomgyu fell silent again, his eyes not leaving yeonjun's. they had their own fair share of heart to heart talks, but it didn't happen very often. yeonjun is happy go lucky by nature, so having a serious talk was extremely emotionally draining for him, but when the time comes, the come times.

"i just feel like i'm always in the wrong you know?"

it was a simple confession, but beomgyu regretted saying it out loud. yeonjun sits up on the small bed, and beomgyu watched him.

"you know... you can always count on me."

there was another moment of silence, before beomgyu nods his head and sits up, wrapping his skinny arms around yeonjun's small waist and burying his head against the older's neck. the older hugs back, and both of them had a small but genuine smile plastered on their faces.

"thank you hyung."

——————————————————————————

the next morning rolled around, and the sun shone through the crack between the curtains. yeonjun woke up first, the sunlight hitting his eyes directly. he groans inwardly, and he looks at the baby bear who was sleeping on his chest.

the older played with his soft hair, the younger's black locks ticking his fingers. he enjoyed mornings when they slept over, the usual bolster that he hugged while he slept was replaced with the person that mattered to him the most in the whole entire world.

and that, was an upgrade.

it wasn't long before the younger got up, and they instantly smile at each other when the lock eyes.

"did you sleep well, my little bear?"

beomgyu's heart may or may not have skipped a few beats. he instantly becomes flustered and nods frantically, breaking the eye contact that the two shared.

"i've been calling you that for a whole year now, and you still become so flustered whenever you hear it." yeonjun teases, playing with beomgyu's now red ears. the younger whines and pushes the older off the bed, which made the older gasp.

"the audacity."

the two of them instantly burst out laughing, and it wasn't long before pillows started flying around the whole entire room, accompanied with occasional squealing from beomgyu and yells from yeonjun.

"you asshole!"

"you started it!"

beomgyu ducks under a flying pillow, missing him by inches. he stuck out his tongue to annoy yeonjun, which does the trick.

"i'm never going to pillow fight with a rugby player ever again." yeonjun grumbles, suddenly tackling the younger onto the floor. the two of them hit the floor with a thud, and beomgyu struggled to get out of yeonjun's hard grip.

"let me go."

"cuddle me."

"on the floor??"

"i have the authority to tell you what to do."

beomgyu stops squirming in the older's embrace, and the older loosens his grip around the younger. the duo lay down there, on the cold hard floor, cuddling.

"junnie hyung?" beomgyu says after a while, and yeonjun hums in acknowledgment.

"can we be best friends forever?"

the older smiles for what seemed like the millionth time that morning, and he presses a soft kiss on the younger's neck.

"of course, my dear baby cub."

but neither beomgyu or yeonjun knew that it wasn't going to be the case throughout the entire year.

—————————————————————————

a/n: hello:)

beomgyu in this book has about 70% of my personality, so i guess you're knowing a little bit more about me throughout this story too!:)

thank you for reading, it means a lot of me:)