32; bottle

after yeonjun's graduation ceremony, the whole friend group wanted to have dinner to celebrate. after all, it wasn't everyday when someone in your friend group graduated from the most disgusting place on earth.

they settled on yeonjun's favourite ramen restaurant, which, in beomgyu's opinion, wasn't the best. but has he ever complained whenever yeonjun requested for it? no he did not. seeing his hyung happy was enough to gaslight himself into thinking that it sold the best ramen ever.

when they sat down inside the restaurant, the waitress placed 4 menus on the table, and bowed at them before leaving. beomgyu sat at the far end of the table, so he was left without a menu. he sat there quietly, not saying anything but instead observed his little friend group.

yeonjun seemed to notice that beomgyu didn't have a menu, and beomgyu expected him to call for the waitress to give him another one, but instead, yeonjun dragged his chair next to beomgyu, and offered him the menu.

"wanna share?" yeonjun asked, smiling at the younger.

even though yeonjun was smiling, the awkwardness was definitely hanging around in the air. beomgyu tried to ignore it and nodded, acknowledging yeonjun's question. yeonjun beamed at that, and shuffled even closer to beomgyu.

it had been a while since they sat this close to each other, and it felt weird since they used to be able to sit on each other's laps daily, but being an arm's distance with yeonjun felt so weird now.

the waitress came back to place their orders, and everyone ordered, except for beomgyu.

"beomgyu?" yeonjun nudged, which was a sign that beomgyu should order something.

"i..i'll pass for now." beomgyu stammered, and the waitress nodded, while the other 4 boys stared at beomgyu, slightly concerned.

"you should eat something beomgyu." soobin said, eyebrows furrowing in concern.

"yeah, eat a little bit." hueningkai added on, pouting cutely at beomgyu.

yeonjun seemed to notice beomgyu shift uncomfortably under the questions, and he spoke up.

"i'll share with him, it's fine."

beomgyu's eyes slowly shift to look at taehyun, and taehyun stared back at beomgyu, frowning a little.

and then beomgyu felt bad.

—————————————————————————

beomgyu ended up eating only 5 mouthfuls of ramen and 1 gyoza, and the others didn't protest at that.

on the way back home, beomgyu and yeonjun left together while taehyun went to soobin and kai's house to stay over for the night. the walk back was slow, excruciatingly slow for beomgyu.

"you okay?" yeonjun asked, and beomgyu merely nodded, and didn't talk.

yeonjun didn't seem to take that as an answer, and he grabbed onto beomgyu's wrist, making him stop.

"i was just thinking," beomgyu mumbled.

"about?" yeonjun pressed on.

"about what to say in my graduation. mr kim chose my artwork and asked me to present it to the people there."

"oh your artwork! the one that you worked so hard on. why are you stressed about it though? just speak from your heart."

just speak from your heart.

but what if his heart weighed a thousand bricks that pressed down on him because he refused to let go of his feelings for yeonjun?

"you never told me what your artwork meant, maybe if you asked me i could give you some inspiration." yeonjun continued after noticing that beomgyu wasn't responsive.